How to get a truck with no money down and bad credit

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Truckers_Cow_Girl, Oct 14, 2009.

1. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Bogey, Are you hauling cars? If so will you tell me alittle of what you know? I can't PM you or reach you any other way.. Thanks. TD.:biggrin_25525::biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    You can always PM the Admin or a MOD and not have a 50 post count. We will forward your message to another member. Thank the spammers for the 50 post count.

OtatKen, truckerdaddy24 and trucker43 Thank this.
  4. BIG RIGGER

BIG RIGGER Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Fargo,ND.
    Very good advice.Methinks...

truckerdaddy24 Thanks this.
  5. Bogey

Bogey Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2010
    columbus,OH & elkhart,IN
    I worked for a company that hauled cars and campers, but my truck broke down, so now I'm preparing a different truck to haul multiple cars. Its going to be a cabover-26'flatbed, lowpro with a beaver tail, a stinger steered low 5th wheel trailer (like whats on a 10 car hauler) and it will haul cars, boats, or campers. the reason I'm going with this combo is because a stinger steered truck-trailer can be 75 ft long whereas all other combinations can only be 65ft long. the main drawback is that it doesn't have a headrack so I can only haul 3, but they can be nearly any combination of the above. I'll then lease to a dispatcher that "takes" 15-20% but they provide insurance, M.C.#, and the contacts that I don't have. For under $25K its a cheap way to go and still get upwards of 8MPG or more(?)
    Unfortunately though, I haven't figured out how to do it for no money down and no credit, I just have to utilize my friends' expertise in welding and design, and probably a portion of my profits

6. DC10

DC10 Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Lakeland, Fl

Who is this contact You gave cowgirl? Am in similar situation

7. grizzly

grizzly Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Layton, Ut
    Excellent advice! I just had to inframe the engine in my truck. If I hadn't had the money saved I would have been out of business. I would guess, and mind you it's just a guess, that about 50% of owner operators are one major breakdown away from bankruptcy.

8. feduptrucker

feduptrucker Bobtail Member

May 11, 2010
    Texas
    Has anybody heard of "easy rig lease" with the website easryriglease.com? I had tried to contact those people by phone many times, and have yet to hear anything back. Note, that when/if you apply it says if you do not submit a complete application you will not be able to re-apply for 30 days. Complete application is defined by them as faxing in your 2 months bank statements with the application as well. Bank statements show account numbers, yes? I would be liery as all get out about even getting the application on my computer.

Every phone number listed on their site is not answered, it simply goes to the same voice mail recording, which sounds like it was recorded on a cellular phone.

It could very well be a legit business, but I personally still have not heard from them and it has been almost 2 weeks and I had called and left 3 messages. Also sent a message on their contact form and never did hear anything back from them. So use caution and your BETTER judgment for your own protection. I just know complete or not they are not getting anything with my account number on it until I hear "approved". The fact that if you do not include it initially they will not let you reapply for 30 days seems a little odd. Especially if they are wanting to sell trucks.

Anyway, just for those of you who might be really wanting your own truck, beware of that company easy rig lease. No telling where your information is actually going. I smelled a bit of scam when I looked into it.

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  9. squarebox

squarebox Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2010
    mississippi

Steal one!!!!!! haha jk:biggrin_25514:

10. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    IMO, Not trying to be negative but sounds like you are way out of your boundaries and have no plan. Unforeseen maintaince, Fuel, Oil, Permits, and you can't come up with 1,200 bucks? This sounds like a recipe for disaster.

BJnobear and Subzero1985 Thank this.
  11. traveltosurvive

traveltosurvive Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2010
    They are a joke and a bunch of loan sharks! They do not report to credit. They will try to repo the truck with 1 or 2 weeks behind. They require weekly payments. No grace period with a $100 late fee for being 1-day late. If you require any repairs within the first 30 days, they keep your truck for days on end with no work for you. They have no negotiations and no refunds. They will tell you that the Finance Company is NOT affiliated with them when they are directly affiliated with them and they even have lunch with the people daily. This is a RENTAL contract and not a purchase. They require that you RENT the trucks at crazy weekly costs for 12 months and then go out after that and find your own financing for their price of the truck.....What a joke- that is why you went to them. Do not trade your truck in or give them money. Within weeks you will be walking!.

trucker43 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.