How to get a Union Job

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by latanea, Sep 21, 2007.

1. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Are some cryo companies union? Like praxair, airgas etc...

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's a couple of Teamsters companies that are hiring:
    Nick Strimbu Inc.
    PI&I Motor Express

5. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Most Praxair are unionized w the exception of right to work states, mostly in the S.E.

6. HighwayD

HighwayD Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    Oh. Sorry. I haven't been a member for long and I've never been part of a forum site. In the future, I'll be more careful.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  7. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    No biggie. Happens all the time!

HighwayD Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You looking for a union job?
    PI&I Motor Express in PA hires new cdl grads.

HighwayD Thanks this.
  9. HighwayD

Nov 15, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    Hey I appreciate the info but I have a good job already. I just like to peruse different threads. Mainly for the comraderie and if I can say something positive in the meantime that's a double bonus. Just out of curiosity what kind of money do they make there? Thanks for your time, Chinatown.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I have no idea what they make. Must not be too good there since they have recruiters scrounging around cdl schools looking for drivers and recruit from prisons. Most union companies have a waiting list.
    I'm not against hiring ex-cons at all. The reason I mentioned it is once when I posted about it one of their drivers slammed me and said I'm a "big fat liar." I'm all for hiring ex-cons, but many companies won't.
    [​IMG]
    The Richland Correctional Institution in Richland, Ohio recently launched a Commercial Drivers License Program where prison inmates can earn their CDL A license.
    While incarcerated, prison inmates must pass a written exam then they can apply for a 4 week training program by local CDL school, Trainco. When they are released from prison they can choose to sign with program sponsor, P I & I Motor Express, as full-time trainee drivers.

During their training period they gain experience by doing short hauls and staying at a local halfway house until they are fully rehabilitated and ready for life outside of prison. After their training period they can choose to stick with the company or test the waters and look for employment with other carriers.
    The president of of P I & I Motor Express, Joseph Kerola, says that the drivers aren’t bad people and hopes that by offering them employment it will prevent them from going back to prison again.
    In an interview with the Norwalk Reflector he says “People deserve a second chance. None of us are perfect. None of us have done everything right.”
    “The demand for skilled truck drivers is going up and up,” Kerola said, adding that there are over 250,000 unfilled truck driving jobs across the nation.
    According to Kerola, P I & I trainees earn slightly more than $30,000 a year, plus benefits, and eventually may earn up to $80,000 a year.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    HighwayD Thanks this.
  11. HighwayD

Nov 15, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks alot. That's a shame someone would say something depreciative about you on this site because I see alot of threads where you're trying to show people how to get jobs. As I said before, I appreciate the info but knowing what you just told me I think I'll stay where I'm at. I don't mind ex cons but I like getting paid fairly.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.