How to quit Werner Enterprises?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by plynnjr92, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    21cpm no way would I work for that. I came straight out of school to Watkins Shepard started at 31 cents a mile, at 3 months went to 34 cents a mile and at 6 months was at 37 cents a mile. Plus making 20 a stop for each stop I make. Pretty good for starter money now that I see 21 cents a mile.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Looks like you've had a few good weeks there. Just out of curiosity, what determines whether you make five hundred or a grand?

4. Finalsomnia

Finalsomnia Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    Have you thought about becoming a trainer and crapping yourself?

5. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    As horrible as that is, seems your 2 other companies that your looking into don't pay great either. I'd keep looking and hit that 1yr mark if you can so you can apply to a descent company. Even at the higher one @.31 at 2200 mi that's only $682/wk. You could drive for Pepsi, Coke or a Beer dist and make more than that being home everyday. 1yr will open up more jobs, 2yrs really opens stuff up especially if you get into tankers or other specialized stuff. I'm a flatbed guy (local/regional) and I'm about to leave the house now so I can get rained on all day, there's a downside to not hitting docks same as tankers, lowboys etc but there's money in it!

6. Charlie214

Charlie214 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2016
    Put in your 2 weeks and more likely they wont even make you work it out but i say def put in your 2 weeks. You will need them as a reference for future

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted