how to remove power fuse panel

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by ptours93, Sep 27, 2011.

1. ptours93

ptours93 Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2011
    orland park il
    i did the search and nothing,i can't remove fuse panel cover. is there a trick for this.i have issues behind this panel.for some reason i've lost 3 circuits all pointing to fuse box.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ptours93

ptours93 Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2011
    orland park il
    i should of detailed this a little better. i'm trying to remove the actual fuse panel that has all of the cb/fuse componets to get behind it and check these power wires.

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Buy yourself a little circuit tester or DVOM and test it from the fuse side. Much easier.

If you lost multiple things, it's most likely a plug in connector on the wiring harness. Very seldom do you have fuse block problems. If you did, you would see signs like plastic that got hot, etc.

What have you lost?

5. ptours93

ptours93 Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2011
    orland park il
    jake, marker lites.

6. drwye

drwye Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2011
    KingsvilleON
    The panel comes out after the power distribution box is removed from firewall. Takes about a hour. Once you get the windshield washer bottle mount and air intake pipe out of your way you can see how it is held to the firewall. You can order all the wire connectors from KW to fix rotted off ends. don't forget to pull panel left of dash there are 4 plugs there you can't see from below dash. With some skill and patience you can save a lot of money on this job.

ptours93 Thanks this.
  7. j_anderson561

j_anderson561 Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2023
    Hey I removed box from fire wall.. all wire harness plugs.. still coudnt get fuse panel off to see behind it.. is there a step I missed

8. Inderjit

Inderjit Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2017
    There should be some screws on the fuse/relay side that have to come out then there are two plugs on the outside with latches or barbs you push in and a round power plug that have to be pushed into the box then the works comes out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.