How to work around Electronic logbook??

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by LUSA, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    ...and here I thought elogs were supposed to eliminate those "form and manner" violations?

D.Tibbitt and OLDSKOOLERnWV Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. W9onTime

W9onTime Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Looks like the revenuer hit the jackpot , what a nit picky douche

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im not sure what you mean by the extra hour.

On paper I can make that extra hour never happen. Or a whole week not existing. The only way anyone can possibly discover my tractor being active around the USA that particular working week where logs do not exist at all was to examine satellite data and fuel cards with my signature etc. Otherwise after 6 months the Carrier disposes of the logs and we move on.

ELD records a violation instantly and there it stays. The problem with ELD to me is that we sometimes drive miles not related to any work at all called Personal Conveyance to do things we need to do be ready for the next load such as meals, fuel, sleep, legal parking spots etc. There is nothing within the ELD laws that provide for that behavior and you wonder why shippers are calling out tow trucks and police to make sure that poor sumbum trucker is KICKED OFF the property despite his bleating that ELD does not permit him to move one inch.

The second thing about ELD is that hours of the trucker is not respected by anyone. Who cares if the poor bud has been working 14 hours on the dock waiting all day on duty. Time to unload now. Sorry am out of hours. Unload this thing NOW or you get banned and the account yanked from your company who will then fire you.

It's unloaded.

EZ Money Thanks this.
  5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Elogs work fine for my home daily job.
    I almost always roll into the yard with 30 minutes on the clock towards my 14.
    I feel sorry for the OTR guys that need a shower though.

EZ Money Thanks this.
  6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    So go do it

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Those are the smart truckers. They know how to use their time properly

D.Tibbitt and tucker Thank this.
  8. reddove

reddove Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2013
    San antonio, Texas
    When the truck is not moving you can log what ever you want. HOS rules don’t state minimum times for duty status changes so you can do 5 minute pre trips if you wanted to.
    Go on duty not driving at a customer for like 5 minutes put a note on the elogs that you’re unhooking from the trailer and leaving the customer and parking on the street near by and then go Straight to sleeper berth. Drivers often do their breaks at the customer or near by if they run out of hours right? You can post a note that you unhooked from the truck and doing your break outside of the shipper. How the ELD going to know that your actually still hooked up to the trailer? That way if they customer actually take like 8 hours and you have time left you can leave.

9. Brotha D

Brotha D Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Just you wait driver, eventually they will come out with an EAD, then you'll be gone too.

10. Brotha D

Brotha D Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I do hope you're joking.

11. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    What is an EAD

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.