How to work around Electronic logbook??

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by LUSA, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    This to can change, took 3 million miles before I had an accident, So I comend you good job, but if the wheels are rollin and your in the seat it can happen.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    EZ Money and bigguns Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    As a local driver running against the 11 / 14 / 70 I find myself going off duty while working on del's and loading, also heavy traffic . I use off duty alot, also use pc to get home on most days. The eld incourages local drivers to hit the off duty.

4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Hitting "off duty" doesn't help with the 11 or 14, only the 70...and if I have to work 70+ hours to make ends meet, I'm either living too rich or working too poor.

wrongwaytommy Thanks this.
  5. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    not rue helps in heavy stop n go traffic running loads in and out of lax.

I can go on duty or off duty it allows me up to 25 mph which is plenty between lax and west la, or the other way near the 101 fwy south bound.cannot do anything with the 14, but if Im against the wall on the 14 I am empty, not under dispatch, thenIuse pc to get home.

6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    ...and here I thought elogs were going to put an end to that sort of behavior.:rolleyes:

Los Angeles traffic does change the situation a bit...but for pretty much anywhere else (especially here in "flyover country"), you aren't going to save much off your 11 or 14 that way.

7. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Was told that the brown fleet is exempt from elogs. How can one company have an exemption and the rest need to abide by law? Isn’t considered a no no by the courts? Our poo don’t stink fleet is UPS.

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  8. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I have been noticing how others are getting around HOS. Off duty drive to pick up location. Accept load when loaded and ready to leave, start clock
    Load check at a stop light. Arrive at destination and go to sleeper berth. When called to unload Off duty drive to unload then back to where you were parked and back in sleeper berth.
    I can just imagine when the carrier gets audited and Off Duty Driving goes By By.

9. jesus christ

jesus christ Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2016
    florida
    I heard on the news today in Florida that a trucker got shot trying to make it to his destination before his hours run out.. The news said he was telling some construction workers to move there truck that was parked in the street so he could get on by.. And the construction workers shot him and he is in critical condition...if I'm not mistaken I think the news said it happen in Stuart Florida.

10. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    Look at this outlaw. We need to get this type off the roads. Imagine how many lives we've saved already.

Attached Files:

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  11. taodnt

taodnt Light Load Member

May 6, 2017
    North of Green Bay
    Where are the Russians when you really need them? ;)

OLDSKOOLERnWV Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.