Howdy all!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Sysop6oz, Aug 25, 2018.

1. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    We (Abilene) have a terminal in West Memphis. You'd be working pretty close to home most of the time. Wouldn't have any problem getting hometime.

Feel free to drop by Our Great Big Abilene Thread elsewhere on the forums if you have any questions or just wanna see us all in our goofy glory.

Sysop6oz Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Welcome and keep us posted on your progress.

Sysop6oz Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    As long as you can pass a DOT physical, you'll be fine. Also, don't take any prescription pain meds that are banned by FMCSA for truckers or you'll flunk the drug test..

5. Sysop6oz

Sysop6oz Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2018
    Little Rock, AR
    Yes sir, I was expecting my meds to be an issue. I can't do much about that right now unfortunately, but we (my 4 Dr's...) have a plan and it's already working. I was on 3 oxy's a day, trimmed that to 2, and the last couple days I've taken 2 halfs a day.

Everything i take metabolizes in 3-4 days. I'll just have to stay away from hair tests i guess vs. bringing everything + Dr notes to cover the last years worth of crap i had to take. I was pretty bad off before my first surgery back early 2017. I couldn't put my own socks on, couldn't sit for longer than 15 minutes. Pain shooting down my left leg, radiating across my lower back. It got better but the same disk re-ruptured, so we went with titanium bolts and a bone fusion.

I do appreciate the concern and the info though, seriously. That's why i'm here :) and it's been very helpful. We've already had a couple family meetings and the discussion topics came from here.

RM

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Millis Transfer does urine test, so you need to be clean 90 days for that.
    Prime Inc. does urine test.
    Stevens Transport does urine, but from my understanding, you won't make near as much, weekly/monthly as you can make with Millis or Prime.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Sysop6oz Thanks this.
  7. Sysop6oz

Sysop6oz Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2018
    Little Rock, AR
    Not trying to dismiss what you're saying here, but my wife has been a pharmacist for 20 years and she's telling me everything i'm on metabolizes (out of your system) in 3 days (4 tops).

I'm not a rec drug user, just got shafted by a bad back in 2016. Actually this July was 2 years from my first rupture. I'll ask her again but she'll likely look at me like i have 3 heads.

Hair is another story. These Dr's had me on Tramadol, Hydros, Oxy, Gabapentin, etc. over the last 2 years. So more than what my current scripts are, will show up, and my concern is they won't care how long ago it was. I can get anything a potential employer would want to prove everything was on the up and up, but if they don't care then that's a risk i'd like to avoid until it's a non issue.

Also, i'm assuming Abilene does hair since you gave me alternate options to look at?

Thanks for the quick reply btw.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Not sure they do hair. They were doing urine, but may have changed since they were purchased by Knight. I know for sure Knight does hair.
    @JohnBoy maybe will let us know if Abiliene is now doing hair.

Sysop6oz Thanks this.
  9. Sysop6oz

Sysop6oz Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2018
    Little Rock, AR
    I tried to message him about an hour ago but the forum said i don't have enough posts.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I tagged him, so he'll see that tag when he comes online.

Sysop6oz Thanks this.
  11. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Not as of my random that I had last month.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.