Howdy and lets "talk trash!"

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by GmanInCali, Sep 8, 2013.

1. GmanInCali

GmanInCali Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2013
    My rig weighs 34500lbs empty and with about 40-50 containers I'm usually weighing in at 62-64000. That's a max load with my third rear axle down. Yeah, a little over legal weight sometimes, but without a on-board scale, garbage is hard to estimate. Especially this time of year when it gets some rain water adding weight to it. Its hard to say how many loose yards compacted fill my rig. It varies a lot by whats in em! Bulky commercial fills it up faster and doesn't compact as well as wet restaurant trash. I do 2 loads a day and my first load is usually about 2/3rds of my route or a little less, but always more in my first load cause we try to get all of the busiest streets done early.

RRJ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RRJ

RRJ Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Thanks for the quick reply I own a rolloff business and i have been getting a lot of requests for the 2-8 yard dumpsters so I'm trying to figure out my cost. So thats why I'm full of questions lol!

4. Wicked2740

Wicked2740 Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2017
    There are .27 tons for every cubic yard.

5. Wicked2740

Wicked2740 Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Ok I have question how many cans are we suppose to pick up per hour? I know it varies from trash, green waste and recycled. There's also the another factor the equipment FEL or Side Loader. The reason I ask this we got new management in here tell us we should be picking up between 150 to 200 per hour. Cause that's what the computer says! Sorry forgot to mention this is for residential service. Oh they want the cans to be put back down straight and up against the curb. I'm averaging 80 to 103 cans per hour. I'm get 2.5 tons per hour and get 10 tons in Four hours. In FEL with a Curotto bucket. Just want someone's input. Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.