How's Everyone Doing in LTL Right Now?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Aug 23, 2022.

1. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Fedex Freight near me has an ad for a city driver apprentice and recently had an ad for a city driver, which is no longer posted.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Depending on where you are coming to Estes could be a death sentence... Keep that in mind.

LtlAnonymous and Digman943 Thank this.
  4. plynnjr92

plynnjr92 Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Inland Empire, CA
    Old Dominion driver here, freight has fallen off a cliff since January last year. At one point I was working 3 days a week doing short linehaul runs out of my Inland Empire (SoCal) hub terminal.

Last year a few coworkers and I would travel to San Jose to help their city operations, earning per diem along the way. But come October they didn't need travel drivers anymore, so a coworker and I went team to keep the money rolling in. Good thing we did, as we heard we would've likely seen walking papers had we stayed as wild board drivers. We saw the writing on the wall and climbed into a team truck before it became popular. Now all the team positions are filled and grateful I'm on the inside looking out.

5. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    What you know bout the I.E?

6. plynnjr92

Jul 9, 2014
    Inland Empire, CA
    What do you wanna know, I grew up here and over the years it's become warehouse central station

7. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    I was speaking more in terms of the underworld lol.

8. plynnjr92

Jul 9, 2014
    Inland Empire, CA
    Well I can tell you most of the IE has gone to crap. San Berdoo, Rialto, Fontucky and the surrounding area is hood AF. The only nice places left are Menifee/Murrieta/Temecula, the I-15 corridor from Temescal Valley to south Ontario/Eastvale, RC and parts of Redlands.

If you start noticing more and more clapped out Nissans and Infinitis in your area, it's time to pack up!

Rugerfan and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Acuras with historic tags? :biggrin_25523:

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  10. plynnjr92

Jul 9, 2014
    Inland Empire, CA
    :biggrin_2559: I'd be astounded if a '96 DC integra in primer, a broken taillight and a cylinder 3 misfire counts as "historic"

11. Jbushnell1987

Jbushnell1987 Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Carrollton, GA
    I am super grateful for Estes right now. I actually came to Estes from FedEx Freight in March. I was really surprised that they had an opening here in Kennesaw Georgia, but I ended up doing Combo for a few weeks and then an extra board position came open and I was able to snag that. I have been rolling in great miles and it has been a relief. It sucks too because FedEx was great. I never had an issue there and loved my job but when you are not running the miles, it sure hurts the wallet.

jmz Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.