Hunters show your stuff!

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by kwforage, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    From your link
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    that is cool.
    on Eglin AFB where i hunt, they paid people to come in and reduce the wild hog population.. but piled them up in the DUMP!! for fear of legal repercussions!!! i was PO'd!!
    they coulda had a special season for where hunters that might actually utilize the meat could do it.
    that's "military intelligence" for ya!!

Cybergal Thanks this.
  4. lookingup

lookingup Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Pet deer helps lead U.S. police to longtime Yukon fugitive

Last Updated: Friday, November 21, 2008 | 3:08 PM CT Comments6Recommend19

CBC News

[​IMG]Tonasket, Wash., Police Chief Robert Burks's encounter with this tame deer started a chain of events leading to the capture of Yukon fugitive Dudley Taylor. (Courtesy of Robert Burks)A Yukon man who fled the country after being charged with sex crimes against children has been caught in the United States, nearly 20 years later, by police who located the man thanks in part to a tame deer.
    About a dozen U.S. marshals arrested Dudley Taylor, 69, near Tonasket, Wash., in September.
    Whitehorse RCMP told CBC News on Thursday that Taylor will soon be transported to the Yukon to face trial on three charges of sexual assault — charges that were laid in 1989 after three children were molested.
    Following a preliminary hearing, Taylor was ordered to stand trial. But after being released on $1,000 bail, Taylor sold his possessions and fled the country. Police in the Yukon and the U.S. had been searching for him since.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story/2008/11/21/taylor-arrest.html

Baack Thanks this.
  5. Dark Wolf

Dark Wolf Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Belding, Mi
    Well I read through all the post and if I may give some adivce.........DON'T DO IT......STOP....DO NOT EVEN GIVE THIS THREAD ANYMORE.....

LOOKINGUP, YOU DON'T LIKE HUNTING FINE, I DO.......LEAVE IT AT THAT. I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM YOU OR P.E.T.A...........IF YOU DON'T LIKE HUNTING THEN STAY OUT OF THE HUNTING TOPICS.....

YOU ARE WELCOME TO YOUR OPINION AS I AM MINE.

IF YOU WANT TO GET INTO A THE TOPIC OF HUNTING AND ANIMAL RIGHTS PLEASE GO TO THOSE SITES AND DO IT.

HoundDog55, MrsSandman and kwforage Thank this.
  6. MrsSandman

MrsSandman Light Load Member

Hubby and friend went pheasant hunting yesterday. They limited out. 6 birds total. I'll post pics when I get a chance. One the hubby got had some nice sized tail feathers. Measure at about 24 inches.

7. lookingup

Dec 3, 2006

yeh everybody wants to say something different......but heh if people are going to kill the grass, roses eating violent beasts, at least they should use an arrow....Lead can't be a good appetizer....

8. lookingup

Dec 3, 2006

thanks for your opinion, but since your name doesn't Start Jesus or in charge of the people ......i can just ignore you from now on......

hows this pic http://www.highlandlakesumc.org/images/Baby%20Deer.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDIJUbJZESU

if your gonna hunt, becarefull

Deer gets revenge after hunter shoots him

Posted: Today at 3:18 p.m.
    SEDALIA, Mo. ' A hunter bagged a big buck on the second day of firearms season, but the kill caused him a lot of pain. Randy Goodman, 49, said he thought two well-placed shots with his .270-caliber rifle had killed the buck on Nov. 19. Goodman said the deer looked dead to him, but seconds later the nine-point, 240-pound animal came to life.
    The buck rose up, knocked Goodman down and attacked him with his antlers in what the veteran hunter called "15 seconds of hell." The deer ran a short distance and went down, and died after Goodman fired two more shots.
    Soon Goodman started feeling dizzy and noticed his vest was soaked in blood.
    So he reached his truck and drove to a hospital, where he received seven staples in his scalp and was treated for a slight concussion and bruises.

http://www.wral.com/news/strange/story/4057404/

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
    Baack Thanks this.
  9. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    although i do share your sentiment on this issiue......
    i feel that lookingup has presented themself in a diplomatic fasion. not like that of most of the PETA wacko's

Baack Thanks this.
  10. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    I hunt for the food. I won't pass up a shot at a trophy, but it isn't what I'm out there for.

Lookingup, you are indeed entitled to your opinion and, as others have said, you have been fairly respectful. That being said, I feel you are, however veiled, poking the bear, so to speak. You don't want to eat meat? Don't. I, however, will eat as much as I can possibly devour. That's how God made me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.