Hunters show your stuff!

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by kwforage, Nov 17, 2008.

1. kwforage

kwforage Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Wisconsin
    here are some articles for lookingup

http://www.reason.com/news/show/34914.html

http://www.extension.org/pages/Deer_Overpopulation_Causes_Problems

http://www.chathamjournal.com/weekly/opinion/chatlist/hunting-is-necessary-61228.shtml

here's a clip from an interesting article

"Those cute doe-eyed fawns and weeping momma deer cry not from the hunters bullet, which is usually quick, but from a very slow and agonizing death by starvation. Once starvation sets in, disease kicks in. Then all those thriving beautiful deer that you were so proud to defend die those slow painful deaths.
    Either way, nature will thin the herds

Either way, nature will thin the herds. Either we do it, by hunting, as mankind is the natural predator now that we have eliminated most of the natural predators in this area, or we do not do it and they eventually overpopulate and begin dying off in large groups, weak, starving, diseased, gasping for breath, unable to even stand for the last several days of their miserable lives."

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lookingup

lookingup Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2006

I love how the first link says The deer cause the accidents, "people never drive to fast"

2nd link I feel trully sorry for these peoples beautifull landscapes bein ruined......they chose to live there, knowing there are deer.....Seeds are cheap grow tons of stuff......

but i do thank you for the links, i do enjoy learning new stuff....

be carefull out there, an arrow might go a long way at doing a way with lead poisoning effects......

Overall man and woman did this to themselves........."oh we like to move where the bear lives its so beautifull, and when the bear shows up at their new home, Oh lets do away with the bear, oh now theres to many deer, and so you have it
    your rights allow you to play ping pong with the deer population.......

and yes i do feel sorry for the fish too:)

4. MrsSandman

MrsSandman Light Load Member

Hunting is just population control. Back in the day it was to put food on the table but that's not the case anymore.

The deer population is so thick where I come from we need hunting season. They actually extended the season.

When a deer jumps out in front of a vehicle moving at 65 MPH there is NO time to react. I have scars on my right arm from when I hit a deer. The air bag gave me rug burn like wounds and now I have scars. Totaled my car. I wasn't speeding. There just isn't any time to react.

Hunting is a very important part in population control. If the deer just lay down and die then we pose a threat of wolves and coyotes coming in cuz who else is gonna eat the dead animal?

kwforage and Baack Thank this.
  5. lookingup

Dec 3, 2006

I like nature, I just got to learn to hate it

I'm sure Jesus has a Deer head over his mantle in Heaven...

the government sets the speed limit......they like to Hunt, remember Cheney, maybe they should lower the speed limit where you hit that deer.....or possibly you might leave sooner and go slower......

Over here on the West Coast they set the speed limit slow (35) i guess for pedestrians ...... strange how they double it and put up Deer Crossing signs out where your at....

6. MrsSandman

MrsSandman Light Load Member

I love nature as well. But things need to be regulated. Why do you think God created crazy people who kill other people or disease? Population control.

7. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    Why do you have to learn to hate it? Many hunters are the most nature-loving folks you'll meet. Moreso than the treehuggers, even. Wildlife management is a very important factor in the animals' ultimate survival and hunters are needed for this. There aren't enough natural predators to keep the populations in check.

kwforage, panhandlepat and Lilbit Thank this.
  8. kwforage

kwforage Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Agreed 100% That being said, this post is way off track. We are not going to get lookingup to understand hunting, and he is not going to get us to see his side, so lets start posting hunting pics like this post was intended for.

panhandlepat Thanks this.
  9. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    During the flood and after Jesus's father made provisions for us to eat meat

10. lookingup

Dec 3, 2006

somewhere in there he also said to take care of the animals, I guess a bullet does the trick.......don't get me wrong i see both sides it just hard to understand it all.........keep carrying the rifle, i'll carry a camera.........if your in the area let me know ahead of time so i can get out of the way......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.