Hurricane Dorian....

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by drvrtech77, Aug 28, 2019.

1. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    fueling up the gas stations is crazy...no one has gasoline.....people just waitng for us tankers to show up

drvrtech77, FlaSwampRat and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    And there were already reports of gas stations jacking up the prices trying to take advantage of the critical situation (f****** vultures).
    Dorian’s track has shifted a little. JAX,Daytona Beach,Savannah,Charleston,Myrtle Beach & Florence are in the crosshairs.

Trucker61016, FlaSwampRat and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Stations are allowed "Pricing increases within a percentage by state law" for emergencies post disaster etc. On 9-11 the TA went from 2.00 something 5 hours prior to well over 5.00 on fuel later after the attacks calmed down by noon.

One fueling spot in arkansas was closed down when they tried to get 10.00 or something beyond the percentage allowances per our law at that time.

The Florida will still have a mess. However I think now everything from that place all the way to Cape Hatteras Light off NC is in play today. They have talked about it for days but when the thing turns north before strike land well thats the one thought.

Hatteras Light usually determined if we in the Mid Atlantic would get a strike up the Bay. If the storm eye passed to left you bet. (Tidewater, Dover etc) and if it passed right then Long Island and Nova Scotia

But who the hell knows. Where I am I don't worry about it too much. Like anything in life not all of us don't get to have all our tomorrows at some point to something.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I’ve already had my wife make sure we’ve stocked up on supplies just in case. Last major hurricane that hit us was Irene in 2011. Usually most tropical cyclones that do hit MA sideswipe us(they usually wreak more havoc on the Cape).

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  7. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    @x1Heavy

I’m here...should I be scared?

Attached Files:

Trucker61016 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Melbourne FL
    NWS Local
    Melbourne, FL

(You can type google NWS mlb to simplify (And exclude baseball)

Hurricane conditions after Sunday-Monday all week apparently.

National Weather Service

Winds gusting above 55-60 Tues 11 am to Thurs 5 pm sustained over 40 and higher.

Hourly Weather Forecast for 28.07N 80.63W (Elev. 20 ft)

Just another breezy day I suppose for you. It updates every 4 to 6 hours by NHC Miami and NOAA Storm Center in Moore OK.

Concorde Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Maybe.

Melbourne FL has a floodway. The ocean is going to go right up the thing deep into the City towards 95 I suppose.

I don't know where int he city you are or how high of a ground you are sitting on (Hopefully 50 feet above sea level or better.)

Brevard is mandatory Evac as of yesterday Don't know today. They talked about 15 to 20 feet surge on top of tides when storm arrives. But now the thing turning we don't know yet, but FEMA's flood system is updating as we go.

FEMA Flood Map Service Center | Search By Address

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Might as well just keep a eye on this one. It's not sure where it wants to go today, except get bigger. Now it's marching west this hour at 12. You would think the panic would exceed sensible levels in florida. 4 hours later it's moving to Savannah and they panic. it's silly. Sad really.

This one however is a true monster. If you had it come in and make it into the foot hills at 900 feet above the sea it would be about a 190 sustained up there.

As a trucker, if you are in florida at the east coast, I would see if you can unload and get out. Maybe Mobile-Mount Eagle-Pidgeon Forge would be where you can rest up and just set. But until Tuesday morning it's suppose to be what I would call filthy in Florida. I got family there and in GA and keeping a eye on it. Not too worried about them.

One short tease. I have learned to stop providing the idea that rain is coming. Because the date and time it's forecast to rain, sunshine. So every time i open my big mouth about stupid storm stuff, blue skies and sunshine.

One more thought while I am hammering on the keyboard.

The people have been spammed over and over and over as a Country I suppose in that area to be ready for a storm or disaster at any time. Well here is a monster that will clean your home down to the slab and then scour it. You run circles seeking a drop of beloved and blessed gasoline.

SHEESH. Come on....

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.