HURRICANE EXPRESS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Yup68, Apr 2, 2018.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Sounds typical of today's trucking companies. Hiring employees or contractors ... they set the pay up in that spot between enough to attract the curious types, and too little to make it impossible to survive, no matter.

Working there, you become a shark. You have to keep moving. If you stop for a little while, you die.

Nobody is going to pay a kid a $100 today to mow a tiny front and back yard just so it makes it easier on the kid and he doesn't have to work as much.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Dark_Majesty_06 and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    But they should definitely pay the kid $500 per day to live in their ####ing shed for weeks at a time. Lol because that's essentially what trucking is.

alds Thanks this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Some people are in a position to appreciate not having to keep a home and associated expenses, AND earn the extra revenue that can be made by not having the truck parked regularly. They can still find down time here and there.

No. It's not for everybody, but is ideal for some.

jeff18, Lonesome and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  5. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    There can BE no perfect company for everyone. Just perfect companies for individual people.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    If you follow them on Facebook, the actual company owner responds to pretty much every question, knock or insult, personally. He seems like a very real, down to earth man.
    My problem is, the recruiter and owner told me I could be home weekends but they couldn't tell me where I would run too.. no mileage expectations.. nothing.
    They are just treating my oppertunity as a "experiment" . That isn't really a way for attract drivers.. I would think they would get with me and come up with a game plan, before I ever go over.. but it just doesn't seem that way...

Rollr4872 and Rugerfan Thank this.
  7. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    When I had FB, everyone on there really loved it there. But who knows. It might be terrible or it might be great. Sounds like they run Cali to hunts point quite a bit.

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  8. Dark_Majesty_06

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Yes sir, I believe they have sort of a "relay" set up. You run from the yard in Oklahoma to Cali and back then you may run from Oklahoma to NYC and back. If you could somehow sweet talk your way into only running the west.. that wouldn't be terrible.
    I think im going to just corner them Tuesday for some mileage/run info and then if they can't give me anything.. I'm going to thank thth for their time and be on my way.

9. Dark_Majesty_06

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Well.. nevermind. I just read that the company doesn't allow you to idle your truck. Even though you are paying for it.. putting fuel in it.. lease to owning it... You CANNOT idle it. If your apu craps out and dies.. your Sol. I just read a fellows post on Facebook where the truck is 114 inside.. safety has denied him a repair request and they won't pay for a motel room either. Take it with a grain of salt but that's enough for me to say, " no thanks."

10. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    How can they say not to idle? If I’m paying for it then I’m going to do whatever I feel like with it

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Sounds like another "rent a job" place. You're paying everything, but it's their asset until you've paid for the truck twice and finally own it outright

alds, LtlAnonymous, Rollr4872 and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.