Hurricane Express SCAM

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by damonarnold816, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damonarnold816

damonarnold816 Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    It was a 1yr lease and I wasn’t interested in keeping the truck for $800+ a week. or dealing with Schneider.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. damonarnold816

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    Actually you’re very misinformed, I’ve learned I can make the same if not more without a truck or the headaches of owning/renting/leasing/paying for a truck, and I still decided where I want to go and how I want to drive or take a break etc.
    I liked Hurricane Express’s lane and they had nice trucks, it wasn’t until I got there that it became obvious it was a low paying scam.

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    You're not an owner op in any way..your a company driver doing a 1099 so the co can avoid taxes..i already showed they can't be doing that..

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    That's like biting for the sake of biting, eh?

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  6. damonarnold816

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    I NEVER said I was a owner operator I SAID I AM SELF EMPLOYED CONTRACT DRIVER... there’s a difference, and I’m FAR from a company driver, talk what you know please. The ONLY thing about what I do that resembles a company driver is that I drive someone else’s truck... I have time today if you want to continue...

7. damonarnold816

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    You need to learn a few things before you go running your mouth about what a contract worker is and a employee, every temp agency in this country supplies workers for a fee to companies INCLUDING TRUCK DRIVERS, and the temp agency pays the worker, I do the SAME THING BY MYSELF. I represent myself and negotiate my pay and other areas of importance to me.
    I’m sorry if you don’t understand how it works and you believe owning a truck what gives a driver independence in this profession, you keep thinking that.

8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Whatever.you don't have a clue..comparing temp agencies to what your doing is not even close...

9. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    I never said you have to own a truck, and you were the one that compared yourself with electricians and plumbers, which have licensing requirements of their own.

10. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Ok so your a big boy driving someone's truck where they tell you to drive it, and when they tell you to drive it.
    That sounds an awful like an employee.
    Hope you take 20% of pay and dump it in an IRS fund. Or you will be in the same boat I'm in good day. And good luck if you get fired.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  11. damonarnold816

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    You explain the difference, I’ll wait

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.