Hurricane Express SCAM

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by damonarnold816, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    My brother. That and every trades company I've ever had out. They may not give a bill first, but that do expect it to be paid on job completion. Like before they leave.

Well, that's not 100% true. It is on business to consumer relationships. I.E. I call the electrician to fix wiring in my house.

Then you got business to business relationships. That is where net 30 to net 90 is common.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    damonarnold816 and Oldironfan Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    There’s 2 kinds of 1099 contract drivers

1. Those who are treated as an employee. I.e. Fuel where told. Go where told. Work when told. Take time off when approved
    2. Those who work when and how they want. Fuel where they want. Idle if they want. Park to wait out chain requirements if they want. Can accept or decline load offers, etc
    That is all. If you’re a #1, you may likely be better off becoming an employee driver at a good company

4. SwishDawg

SwishDawg Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2017
    So out of curiousity I called Hurricane Express. Because I know some drivers are just plain lazy. What o was told and maybe they lied but my experience has been the companies typically don't lie about things like what I asked.
    First off it's advertised as a lease, not company position so of course your responsible for taxes. I did forget to ask if you pay fuel taxes though D: You do get paid fuel surcharge.

The trucks come with APU's and inverters. So why do you need to idle? Also like most trucks they have 2 fuel tanks not just one.

Didn't bother to ask about the governer because paying for your fuel why would you want to go over 70??
    As for fees they seem to be normal. Insurances , ELD ect.
    Pay is 1.35 a mile, not terrible for a lease purchase. Guaranteed 1300 a week. Your first 3 weeks they pay you 3300, also a nice touch for any company. Truck payment is either $55 a day or $90 a day, also pretty low considering the type of trucks they run. After 3 months you can pick your own color and get a brand new truck with whatever you want on it, such as Chicken Lights. That's why you see most of their trucks are pretty lit up.
    All around that sounds like one of the better lease deals I've heard of. And no I'm not recommending anybody go out and lease purchase through them. I'm just saying maybe some of the people that complain about them. Are not being totally honest. And maybe they were just completely lying. But as I stated before I have found that most companies don't outright lie. I find it to be more often than not driver rather than company.

Paddlewagon Thanks this.
  5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    As the saying goes:If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is!
    Especially if they “guarantee”a certain amount of money per week.

Last time I heard someone talk about a “guarantee” a few years back,the Steelers got their ##**** handed to them by the Patriots on Sunday Night Football!!!;)

Lonesome, drvrtech77 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  6. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    How long you been recruiting for them @SwishDawg ?
    Also, you can't idle a truck your paying on? Paying the fuel? Paying taxes on? Paying to operate?
    Then comes the problem of apus and aux heaters break. So that's cool... It's 119 outside in Phoenix and your Apu is broke. According to snoopdog here, you should just treat it like a spa.
    Your in North Dakota around January and it's -21 outside and your bunk heater doesn't work? Just treat it like your a freezer full of meat and chill according to bigdawggggggg.
    Oh.. who cares what it's governed at. According to topdogiedog here, you shouldn't be a thinkin' for yourself.. you know this. The big companies say to go really really really slow and you'll get the best mpg evah!!!!!!!!!@;$+$; No need to have a basic understanding of how to have the truck tuned for maximum power and torque, so your in a great rpm range for the motor to work efficiently all the time.

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Yes, yes it is. Heck, I get paid more than that as a company driver.

8. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    drvrtech
    I agree and disagree. How long can one stand being F***** and broke before saying enough is enough? I do agree that job hopping is never a good sign either for ones employment history, or DAC report. I did a couple of the L/P's many years ago. Did not get rich, or at times have much money in my pocket. I stayed with it until i asked myself "why am i paying for some large companies truck, fuel, maintenance, and so forth. I than went and bought my own trucks.

9. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    I remember when Hurricane had the large sleeper lease purchase trucks.They were the envy of the rest of the lease purchase companies. Seems the drivers had only good things to say about them. Now they have standards sleeper trucks with some chicken lights, and a few added extras, but with this have learned from other trucking companies on how to misuse drivers and get those high dollar trucks paid for via a third party person(s)

just_sayin Thanks this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    He was lease purchasing a truck from sfi...with sfi, he could've taken the truck anywhere he wanted and made payments...i lease purchase from sfi and im at Mercer doing just fine...that's what i was making the point of...he gave backa truck he could've owned outright in no time at all..

11. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    I’d like to hear from some of those drivers on the Hurricane Express Facebook page. Those on video receiving new trucks and giving testimonials on why it’s such a great company, or the drivers in the photos with their “platinum” award and years of service. It looks like Hurricane has its core drivers but I’m curious as to why anyone would stay at this company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.