Hurricane Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by hurricane_victim, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Gunnerm60

Gunnerm60 Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2012
    You must now work for Smith Transport, KCKS. I had a truck leased onto them. Greg and the crew are a bunch of great people. I was doing great until the econemy went south. Not Smith's fault but I lost truck and everything I owned. I had some problems there but most were my fault. I loved it because Kevin, Mark and them were all christians, they care about you. I hope you enjoy your time there, they will ALWAYS treat you good and will be totally honest with you, which is hard to find. Tell them all that I said HELLO!!! Dell Bertram

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. viperexpress996

viperexpress996 Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Dalton, GA
    I am hurricane_victim's husband. They won't even give a good dac. I dropped the truck and trailer off at their terminal after delivering my last load and they posted abbandoned equipment on my dac. In the process of looking into a law suit against them. I was getting 6 mpg out of a 379 pete and they told me I don't know how to drive for mpg. Meanwhile none of them have ever driven a truck and I have 18 yrs behind the wheel.

4. viperexpress996

viperexpress996 Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Dalton, GA
    @lostheart. I am glad your experience has been positive. Mine was not. Good luck in your job search when you leave. Hawk is the only one there who is decent and he is nothing more than a puppet for them.

5. strawberryrhubarbpie

strawberryrhubarbpie Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Ft Myers, FL
    my husband found their website and wanted me to contact them. however after reading this thread I think I'm going to leave them alone. thank you hurricane_victim and viperexpress :)

6. Jonathon51

Jonathon51 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    Drove past their yard Friday afternoon and counted 14 trucks in the yard out back of the shop waiting for new drivers.....also they had two "spiffed up" Pete's up front next to their Corvettes parked by the office. Wanna bet those "Vettes" don't belong to the drivers. Just east of Tulsa they have a big ol' sign advertising for lease operators.

7. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Drivers. For the last time, of it sounds too good to be true, it is. You're not going to outsmart the system. Hurricane has always been a bad company. Always. They've always pulled this lease purchase scam. Hurricane isn't your regular run of the mill L/P deal. The only way to stop them is to stop trying to change the inevitable. If you lease on, they will screw you. It's that simple. CRE Couldn't even dream of what Hurricane does. Stop trying to beat the system. Hurricane's system is literally designed to fail. Most at least give you the chance. Not this one. A buddy of mine was going to go and ran it by me. I looked at everything and I asked him if he was completely out of his mind. Hurricane is a bad company with a bad deal. Stay away and keep your sanity and your money.

8. Hellbound

Hellbound Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Arizona
    My brother in law work for hurricane. He was on hometime and his trailer was broken into, the lock was cut. He called the police, and had a report done. They blamed him for stealing the product out of his trailer.

9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    If they want to falsely accuse someone who has a police report, there's a way to remedy that.....

Unless they have physical evidence proving you stole the items...then I would do the following.....

Sue them for slander & defemation of character.

10. Hellbound

Hellbound Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Arizona
    ill let him know thx

11. dirtroadchild

dirtroadchild Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2011
    memphis tn
    i called them one time its like 900 weekly note on trk and they route yu and tell you where to fuel im sorry if i paid the note i go my way and buy my fuel wherever i want that co's a joke how they stay in bus.i dont know co's like that ought to be shutdown!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.