HVH trailer found loaded

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Memphismojoman, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    When the insurance company contacts CHRob. Guess whose # they have.

misterG Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    They closed August 27th & he posted Nov. 27th .

4. dc730

dc730 Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Keep trying , it NOT HVH property to park and use as they please... or is it just a one way street for a defunct carrier to have their equipment scattered on other land .

original poster sure did #### up though posting online and then calling the broker ect and giving them details on the load...

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  5. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    The owner of the property the trailer was located at is st00pid, too. Storage fees to the insurance company for abandoned equipment would have easily netted $100/day on the low end. 90 days equals $9000, or 20% more than he got for the hassle of fencing stolen scrap. 30 day notice in the paper might have cost him $300 but at the end he'd have the title for the trailer (worth at least $10k) plus the load inside the trailer (legally sold worth about $10k). For the lack of effort, he's out $14k plus he has to look over his shoulder for 10yrs. (I *think* grand theft has a statute of 10yrs)

AModelCat, TallJoe, Bean Jr. and 4 others Thank this.
  6. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    You have NO idea who parked that trailer there, any more then the rest of us do. The OP failed to mention who parked it there.

What he DID mention was that he took property NOT belonging to him, sold the load and dumped the equipment.

Bean Jr. and buddyd157 Thank this.
  7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    All I had to do was send a certified letter to last registered address. Wait 30 days for return of letter. State issued abandoned title.

But that was years ago. And the vehicle hadn't been registered for a few years.

8. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Ha Ha ha...hilarious thread. The op did not find any sympathizers but surely was looking for some.
    Nevertheless, being a devil's advocate here....Let's imagine that the trailer is on your limited, yet crucial for your business space and everyone you call around, including sheriff and Al Capone, wants to have nothing to do with it. I understand there is a legal procedure for it...but do you have time to deal with it for half a year, while you need the space now or else your business hurts?

I'd freaking want to sell it too without necessarily trying to clear my qualms of conscience on TT...lol.

What's other alternative, take it to the nearest TA and drop it there?

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am a little bit damaged, I keeping thought that is scrap value.

I wonder what aluminum used to go for by pound? Should grab it and see. It is scrap after all.

TallJoe and bzinger Thank this.
  10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Perfectly put my friend and why I didnt pile on ..not to mention my corrupt side lol.

PPDCT, Oxbow, Bean Jr. and 1 other person Thank this.
  11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Every town has some closed businesses. Drop it out of the way behind a building for the three months to get the legalisms taken care of.
    Call the property owner first to get permission.
    Or a farm, or a gravel lot, etc. Plenty of places to stash a trailer without stealing it. Or, just drop it in a roadway, it will be towed and someone else's problem then. :)

Tx Countryboy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.