Hydraulic pump

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by cat13, Oct 21, 2017.

1. cat13

cat13 Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Central FL
    Anyone have info on Permco pumps? I need to switch my low pressure pump to a dual pressure and Permco seems to have the cheapest price. Roughly $830 vs $1200 for a Muncie. Haven't found anyone that runs one yet.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SL3406

SL3406 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Oklahoma
    All I have ever had were regular dump pumps, but I have used Permco, Parker, and Muncie brand pumps. I can't tell any difference from one to the other. I think the Permco would be worth a try for the price difference.

4. Dirty-Low-Walker

Dirty-Low-Walker Medium Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    I installed a Permco pump on my W900 5 years ago, i needed to run a 2 line system but needed the extra pressure if needed in a walking floor, its actually a 3 line wetline but only has 2 lines with the extra pressure coming from a air actuated button on the control in the cab.
    I think its called a Genesis, which has a adjustment for whatever pressure you need, i just installed a second on on my T 800 last year.
    It also has a threaded location to install a hard line guage to see what pressure it is set at.
    To get the best results from this pump i went with a 1.47% PTO.
    With the different ratio on the PTO and the Genesis pump my 100 cubic yard walking floor can be unloaded in under 6 minutes running at 1100 rpm, most walking floor trailers take 12-13 minutes at 1200 rpm.
    I will look at my paper work from the last installation to see what type of pump it is in my trucks.
    With this installation you need a dual filtration system and certain size hoses.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  5. cat13

cat13 Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Central FL
    I have the setup already to run a walking floor. Only thing I don't have is the right pump. Had the shop turn my dump pump up for now but I have to take it easy on it, which days like today when I have a stubborn load that takes two hours to unload are far from easy.

Not sure what my pto is as it was already on the truck, just had to add the pump. High idle is set at 1300 max in the ecm. Truck was speced in 2004 to run a frameless trailer. Not sure what it's done till I bought it last year.

6. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    I bought a Permco dual purpose pump years ago. I haven't had any problems. I use it on the dump side only and it unloads a floor just fine. But then again I run the truck at 700-800 rpms. to get 11-12 strokes per minute which the manufacturer calls for.

7. Dirty-Low-Walker

Dec 17, 2013
    I tried using a regular 2 line pump that was on my Mack and had the same issues with heavy or wet loads, had to shovel off 10-15 yards to get it to walk, time consuming which cost me because i was paid per load.
    That's why i went with the genesis, hauling 6-8 loads of mulch per day with no issues unloading plus i would get a extra load or two over other trucks hauling from the same recycling center, at @ $200 to $300 per load it adds up in the 3 month mulch season.
    Plus Landscape supply yards wanted me to do there deliveries over other trucks because i didn't clog up the bins unloading, the 6-7 minutes less means more customers purchasing the product, not sitting there waiting for a truck to unload.
    One of the landscape yards would get 25-30 loads of mulch per day, plus stone, fill, topsoil and hardscape deliveries, time is money.

8. Dirty-Low-Walker

Dec 17, 2013
    Not sure what Permco pump you have on your truck or how old it is, when i set up my first truck through a Permco dealer they called Permco when i was purchasing a package set up and stated the pump rpm perimeters were 800 to 1200 rpm with the 1.47 ratio PTO.

9. cat13

cat13 Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Central FL
    Wasn't wet or sticky. 120 yards of eucalyptus mulch. Only weighed about 36000lbs. Loader packed it so tight my floor was just moving underneath it.

Dirty-Low-Walker Thanks this.
  10. runny nose

runny nose Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Yes Sir. Loaded end dump with super slide. with fresh compost. most stuck to sides.lots of shovel. no more of that.

11. Dirty-Low-Walker

Dec 17, 2013
    That always happened to me hauling chips and root in the winter, they would freeze and wouldn't come out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.