I-35 Bridge Collapses

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Cybergal, Aug 1, 2007.

1. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    They just said that every week a bridge collapses in the U.S.---just NOT of this magnitude! Now all Hell will break loose to fix them (80K+). Takes something like this type of disaster to get things moving---kind of like 9-11 when we had been being hit by terrorism for years!! Looks like we will need another 9-11 to 'refresh' our memories on that one, too! [sigh]:biggrin_2553:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Texas
    This bridge was just inspected though for structural damage in 2005 and 2006 and no problems were found.

Shocking that this many bridges collapse though, never would have thought that.

4. tjgosurf

tjgosurf <strong>New Driver Helper</strong>

Feb 20, 2006
    I just went across this bridge the morning of the collapse. I am really beginning to think these bad things follow me. From snow storms, tornadoes, to bridges collapsing I bring bad luck everywhere.

5. jamwadmag

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    ..that guy on Lil Abner, 'Joe Blipsznik,' with the black rain-cloud over his head wherever he goes?!! ha ha :biggrin_25517:

6. jamwadmag

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    50 Kids' Lives Spared on 'Miracle' School Bus During Bridge Collapse

Thursday, August 02, 2007

[​IMG]

AP The school bus is seen on the Interstate 35W over the Mississippi River Wednesday.

MINNEAPOLIS — It stuck out in the first video images from the freeway bridge collapse: a bright yellow school bus, sitting on the concrete deck, slightly tilted to one side perhaps, but more or less upright amid the wreckage.

At the White House on Wednesday night, staffers, directors and concerned neighbors recounted the events leading up to an almost unbelievable outcome. A bus from an inner-city summer youth program, full of kids still wet from a day at a suburban water park, fell nearly 65 feet into the Mississippi gorge, and no one was killed or even seriously injured.

"It was a miracle," said Tony Wagner, president of Pillsbury United Communities, which runs the community center, along with others.

As of 11 p.m. Wednesday, in fact, only one person on the bus, a Waite House staffer, was even being held overnight at the hospital, according to Wagner. In all, there were 50 kids on board, plus a driver from First Student bus company, and eight Waite House staff members.

When he saw the initial reports on television news broadcasts, Wagner saw the yellow bus. He did not know until later, when notified by Cheryl Jensen, Pillsbury's vice president of neighborhood centers, that it was the bus full of kids, aged 6 to 11, from Waite House, which is located in the Phillips neighborhood in south Minneapolis.

7. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

You wouldn't believe some of the absolutely retarded ideas being floated around by libs and conspiracy theorists. I was in shock today listening to the various talk shows on Sirius.

Blaming Bush

Blaming Republicans and the party

blaming global warming, this was a personal favorite because of its level of stupidity

one caller said it fell because MEXICANS were working on the resurface project

What is more scary than these idiots having such thoughts is that they are allowed to drive on our roads with our families and children. They are allowed to vote and worst of all they are allowed to breed and raise more raging insane idiots.

8. jamwadmag

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    Some clown named 'Bush'master was out on the bridge with some Repub cronies trying to warm-up to some Global Mexicans and everything ignited!!:yes2557:

9. cpg

cpg Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2006
    USA
    I have not heard if the trucker (seen by the bus) is okay or even alive??? I saw one picture where it looked like the cab was engulfed in flames? Has anyone heard or read about this driver?

10. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

One news outlet I read last night sounded like the driver helped get the kids off the bus.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.