I-35 Bridge Collapses

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Cybergal, Aug 1, 2007.

1. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

Sand doesn't do much in terms of helping melt the ice. Usually they have sand with salt mixed in...or some other chemical that helps quicken the melting of snow.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. squirrellsgnwild

squirrellsgnwild Medium Load Member

We have too many bridges being inspected by spotty inspectors who just don't care. i was watching the news earlier and the news people said that caltrans workers inspected the bridges in California and 95% of California's deficient bridges have so-called deck problems such as eroding pavement, peeling paint, or missing highway signs. But not to worry because there not in danger of collapsing. Go figure.

I just dont understand it when there is a bridge being repaired and it falls down, other states say maybe we should look at our infrastructure.

4. lugnut

lugnut Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Farkin, WI
    See! I think so too. BUT will the government admit to it?
    NOOOO!!
    IF they did, there would be mass hysteria. Who would want to cross another bridge? And better yet WHY didn't the CIA or other organization KNOW about the plot?

I mean, here you have a 40 year old bridge with NO KNOWN problems.

:biggrin_2554:

5. Peeping_Tom

Peeping_Tom Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Sharpsburg, Ga
    buut remember it is 40 y/o. with all that traffic it sees on a daily basis it was bound to happen. basically the bridge inspectors haven't been doing their job as of late and they are the one's to start asking questions too.

6. Attitude:)

Attitude:) "Love each Day as if it was your last"

Jul 13, 2007
    TX NM & CO
    News stations drive me as crazy as the people blaming Bush, etc that the bridge collapsing was somehow his fault. I had all these calls coming in telling me how many people were dead, missing etc. All I told them was to take the lowest number and it would come out somewhere close to that. It's sickening the way they sensationalize things and terrify the poor family members already scared to death.

I would like to hear about the truck driver. It really doesn't look like he could have gotten out from the way the bridge seems to be sitting on top:(

7. bbmyls2go

bbmyls2go Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    CNN new conference right now : The coroner just confirmed the trucker is a fatality at his office. No name given pending notification of next of kin.
    http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfo...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Foxnews.com :
    "Firefighters pulled the fifth victim, the driver of a tractor-trailer rig that was engulfed in flames immediately after the collapse, from the wreckage late Thursday, fire department spokeswoman Kristi Rollwagen said. Video of the fire was among the most compelling images show in the immediate aftermath of the collapse.

The medical examiner's office was working to confirm the man's identity, but Rollwagen said firefighters didn't want the man's family to see the truck "over and over" on TV knowing he was inside."

8. Attitude:)

Attitude:) "Love each Day as if it was your last"

Jul 13, 2007
    TX NM & CO
    How sad:( And they're still showing it over and over again....

9. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Got this off the My Fox Twin Cities Web site:

MINNEAPOLIS -- The 5th victim of the I-35 bridge collapse in Minneapolis has been identified as Paul Eickstadt, 51, of Mounds View. Eickstadt was the driver of a semi truck that crashed into the fallen bridge and burned.

May he rest in peace, my thoughts and prayers are with his family as well as all the families effected by this tragedy.

silverspur Thanks this.
  10. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Nonsense and poppycock. In the spring, you'll see white drifts by the roadside of pure road salt. A car in MN is rusted to complete junk inside of a decade.

I have no problem believing that theory(especially since I checked with the Illegal Mexican Terrorist New World Order Space Aliens and they swore they had nothing to do with it).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.