I-80 crazy carnage carnival continues

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Flat Earth Trucker, Mar 7, 2020.

1. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN

You're kidding, right? Because I'm pretty sure those two in the median came out of one of the wrecked or stopped vehicles. I'm guessing the box truck that's in the median. If they had stayed in their truck and gotten rear ended, you would probably call them idiots for NOT getting out.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Well if he wouldn't have I definitely would.

650cat425 and HoneyBadger67 Thank this.
  4. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    What good does a CB do when someone cant speak English?

5. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    I thought he meant the people by the straight truck should move a little further Away and not stand 10 feet away from a ongoing pileup

650cat425 Thanks this.
  6. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Rant on, brother!

I'm not a violent guy, I'd be the last one in the world to pick a fight. These vids fill me with a desire to stomp the living crap out of those guys!

What we're watching is the very definition of reckless driving. There should be manslaughter charges filed, because plowing into stopped traffic at highway speed isn't an accident, and classing it as such is excusing inexcusable behavior.

/rant

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I don't have a CB anymore because 90% of the time it was a hobbyist running a megawatt amp from halfway across the country.

You couldn't get the guy in front of you to listen, but I could hear "crazy Joe, looking for lizzards in Texarkana!" (From TRENTON NJ!)

What about running down the road a bit and trying to wave trucks down, flash your lights at them, or just light some road flares and toss them across the highway?

Also in the back roads of PA we tend to flash oncoming traffic if there's Amish in the road ahead. You might not see the buggy until you round the corner but just in case there's an impatient 4 wheeler on the wrong side of the road entering a blind corner.

8. HoneyBadger67

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Meh....
    They were already as far away from incoming trucks as the could get without trying to cross opposing traffic. After seeing this series of videos, the last place I'm going to be, if I end up in the ditch or median, is inside my truck. I'll grab a blanket, my carhartt and my portable heater and set up camp about 800 feet (or more) from the roadway. Depending on my phone's charge, there's a good chance I'll record some of it.

650cat425, Hammer166 and Coffey Thank this.
  9. HoneyBadger67

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    At 00:33 you can see the door open on the straight truck. At 00:45 they're out and 20' from it. At 01:09 they scramble up the other side as the black TT slams all the way through another TT. The people who recorded the video were on the opposite shoulder, I'm guessing headed the other way, and (giving them the benefit of the doubt) probably (maybe) assisted some of those wandering without heat or jackets.

650cat425 and Coffey Thank this.
  10. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    I would to but seeing the people in the video just standing and watching I feel is still dangerous I get not wanting to cross the opposite traffic but the could move either towards the front of the pile up or away while staying in the median which I feel would be a better choice

650cat425 Thanks this.
  11. HoneyBadger67

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    That's just as far as they made it before the recording stopped. I'm (almost) positive they didn't stay there, as cold as it was.

Coffey Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.