I-95 in Ri

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by soon2betrucking, Aug 23, 2008.

1. HardlyWorkingNeverHome

HardlyWorkingNeverHome Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Hamden,CT
    you can run right up to the exit just before the overpass and take the local detour. I called the RI State Police a few months back and was told the reason the detour was posted so far south of the work is to give us plenty of opportunity to go around on I295 so that the local detour doesn't become a bottle neck. If you ever need to get to a delivery that is near or past a restricted route you can always call the local police or the State Police for the proper routing. If you don't get an answer that sounds right keep asking to be transferred to some one else who might know better.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rainman1971

rainman1971 Beamerhauler

Aug 22, 2006
    Pierceton,IN
    If you're taking 95 through RI to get to MA then take 295 around it. It's actually easier than running through Providence even before they started the work on that bridge. The local detour around the bridge is easy enough if you have to deliver in that area. We had a driver go over the bridge and get a $2100 ticket and that was before they knocked the weight limit down from 18 tons to 10 tons.

4. inktoxicated

inktoxicated Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2010
    south brunswick nj
    any updates on this thread and rhode island. did the bridge ever finsh and are trucks allowed to go on 95 right thru that area now?

5. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.