I always said I would be honest

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by 0ptimu5 Prime, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Oh, and your gonna love this!!

Talked to a driver down in Alabama one day while picking up loads of pipe, mine going to Florida, his going to Texas. He had just graduated from CDL school three weeks before and according to him had quite a little criminal history. He lied to Arrow and said that he had 18 months of experience.

:smt107

They didnt bother to check!!

Now, I pray that they eventually caught him and got him off the road. He drove ok, I guess, I didnt follow him out or anything and watch him drive. Not going to mention the drug lab in the truck stories that I've heard from other arrow drivers, or the two drivers in handcuffs at the yard in Tulsa when I went to pickup my truck, I'm sure other companies have their 10% too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hounddawg454

hounddawg454 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2006
    freightliner USA
    I was a L/P driver ffrom 4/2005 - 4/2008. I did pretty good, avg 2800 miles a week up until january of this year. After january it dropped to below 1800. That was only one of several problems that led to my quitting. But I do want to say that they were always honest with me, for that I will always recomend them because to find an honest trucking company in this day and age is darn near an impossibility!! And yes my maintenance fund, bond and all monies owed me were PAID IN FULL !! It took every bit of 45 days but it was all there. So in closing I will say yes they have problems but they do have integrity and honesty. To all my friends at Arrow I wish you the best!!

Tr# 304266

4. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah, I'll admit that they do pay everything that they promise. Even after they lost my orientation logs and deducted it from my last check, they eventually found them and credited it all back. All of my checks were accurate. I checked them with a fine tooth comb and not one penny was missing. Not so much in agreement on the honesty thing, especially with the way they described the 7/2 plan on the regional. They would have you believe it's 7 days out, 2 days home. It's actually 7 days out, 2 days OFF. No biggie, I wasnt in a rush to get home all the time anyway. Another issue was the Regional thing. I was SW Regional. That meant picking up some linehaul freight in NC, taking it to my terminal in Dallas, then running garbage loads paying me less than $100 (I was on percentage, no choice in that) per load for two and a half weeks.

Hey, if you want to just drive a truck, and arent trying to make great deals of money, Arrow WILL hire you as long as you can fog up a mirror and not wreck, not steal their truck and equipment, dont have a history of abandonment, and arent on drugs (some folks will argue that drug free hiring policy though). Everything else goes. I have mixed feelings about their very liberal hiring policy. Some folks just dont belong behind ANY truck, much less Arrows. Others I'm glad to see that they actually gave them another chance to get their life together. Not everyone is going to be squeeky clean like most of the folks I drove with at TMC.

5. rixcamp

rixcamp Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2008
    seligman,az.
    Hey, thanks to all of you for your info regarding Arrow, especially jarhead and dcedlr. You guys covered the info very well! I applied yesterday on-line, but haven't heard from them yet. Do they normally take a while to get back to you?

6. rixcamp

Jun 4, 2008
    seligman,az.
    One more question, I looked at their website and I noticed that they basically hire out of the Poenix area in Arizona. Do any of you guys know if they hire out of northern Az.? I live right off of I-40, which may help. Thanks

7. rixcamp

Jun 4, 2008
    seligman,az.
    OOPS! meant Phoenix

8. dcedlr

dcedlr Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    RIXCAMP: Arrow just opened or will soon open a terminal in Phoenix, AZ. They closed there Fontana, CA terminal and moved it to Phoenix, AZ. Arrow hires from all 48 states for Linehaul/OTR. If your near Phoenix you could do regional I am sure but I recommend OTR unless you have to be home often. You will get miles OTR I assure you of that; actually more than what you want sometimes.

As for them calling you, I would give recruiting a call and ask for MaryAnn. She was my recruiter and is a real cutie, not to mention a very nice person. If your experienced, I would appreciate it if you used me as a reference. Either way tell her Charles says hi! Oh, and your making a very good decision going with Arrow. Remember though your going to be a number to them, but as for the money and whats important your in the right place. If you have any questions or need advice on anything please send me a message if you can, and if not just post here or on my "Arrow L/O Diary" thread. Good luck and welcome to Arrow!

rixcamp Thanks this.
  9. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Rix,

You can run from anywhere (except Alaska and HI). DC is right, if you want money, you have to go OTR. Dont even think about Regional, you'll starve.

As far as making the big bucks, you could definitely do better. Some flatbedders (if you want flatbed) have the first year drivers averaging well into the high $50k or low $60k.

I personally think you can do better, but if Arrow is your choice, make the best of it and run SAFE.

rixcamp Thanks this.
  10. 0ptimu5 Prime

0ptimu5 Prime Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Lavergne, TN
    yarr hey everyone. if they havent gotten back to you. you may want to call. trust me they want all the bodies they can get. every week that im in tulsa they have more students than they do trucks to give out lol.

11. 0ptimu5 Prime

0ptimu5 Prime Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Lavergne, TN
    i need an optimus prime sticker for my truck so everyone can be like omg its you!!! i know you!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.