I can't afford CDL school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Hank riddick, Oct 22, 2022.

1. meavey3368

meavey3368 Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2022
    Prime Inc. Unless they have a hiring freeze

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    OP hasn't been on here since his original post 22 OCT 2022

4. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    Hey chatty cathy, all Rangers are airborne qualified.

But i got sand in my eye and undies sarge!

o7

Maybe the OP found their calling. Not hard finding a company sponsored training program since most seem to pay poorly. Whats harder is finding a local, home daily driving job that will let you get experience which technically isn't experience. It's certainly a crazy industry ripe with the human condition. What you old timers put up with astonishes me.

5. Munch75

Munch75 Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2021
    Everywhere. It's a combination of little available trucks and the from the birds on the wind the last couple of long stretch of months the "candidates" have been less than par. Last OC I was at the driver services person said out of the last group of 68 only a handful are still there. Some due to drug use, some couldn't pass tests - written or range, and others bail while out with their TE.

I even noticed when I started there was 6 pages of accounts to apply for now its down to 1 page and 3 listings. BUT, media will still scream driver shortage. Without once looking at truck stops, rest stops and exit ramps across the country.

lual Thanks this.
  6. Terlingua

Terlingua Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    Out of the people I kept up with from my class a year ago, I'm the only one I'm aware of that is still with Schneider. I figure they must be starting to get some new trucks in with how aggressively they've been cycling out the older p3 Cascadias at my OC. They're using near 3 full rows of our parking with trucks up for sale.

7. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    I was just going to ignore his entire post, because EVERYBODY I met that went to Relaxin' Jackson makes similar claims: "We had it the worst, it wasn't easy, they were all Airborne Rangers unlike the other units," etc. Uh, hello, brain... Basic Training Drill Sergeants are mostly Infantry no matter where you go, and they are selected based upon their qualification records. This usually means Airborne, Ranger, and Pathfinders getting the first selections for school, followed by the rest of the applicants. Only when there are not enough applicants from CMF 11 do they look at other CMFs for Basic Training Drills (NOTE: This does not apply to the OSUT MOSes, as their drills come from their MOS alone, eg: Cav Scouts have Cav Scouts and MPs have MPs), and there are a LOT of applicants (being on the trail avoids the possibility of being DA Selected for Recruiting, which is many times worse a personal hell for #### near everybody). A vast majority of applicants from the other CMFs that are selected will be in their respective MOS's AIT companies.

Even my ex wife made the same claim, she went to Jackson in 1999, I think. It must be something they are telling the kids at Jackson, because you never hear that claim from anyone who went to basic at Benning, Leonard Wood, Sill, or Knox. All I can say about BCT at FLW is that my drills were tough, but ultimately fair. We were trained to the standard or we would be recycled a phase (or to the beginning), and I kept my head down to avoid being singled out. That's what everyone's honest experience would be back then, and still the same today, to an extent.

2Tap and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Well, ahem…I had it tough. Spent the night at a pilot trying to avoid someone taking out a fender. Had to dodge pee puddles on the way to the store. I had the pizza, food was terrible. Yup, that was back in 2021. Made me the man I am today :)

2Tap, DRTDEVL and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. Trucker Paul

Trucker Paul Medium Load Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Westland,Mi
    Go to CR England they'll get you your CDL but don't expect obave money or food

10. JM99

JM99 Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2022
    Probably gonna be hard to find a lot of trucking jobs with a recession ahead

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Always plenty of jobs pulling reefers; recession/depression doesn't affect refrigerated trucking.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.