I can't seem to get a wallet-sized Medical Card.

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by luvit, Nov 30, 2016.

1. luvit

luvit Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2016
    I can't seem to get a wallet-sized Medical Card.
    BMV said go to the doc and they'll have the forms and fill them out.
    Doctor's office says they've never carried the forms, the drivers always carry-in blank forms.
    Doctor's office went online and printed a blank CDL Medical Certificate & gave me the physical.
    When I went to get my first CDL Class-A license, I carried-in the Medical Forms the Doctor's office gave me... the BMV asked me for my wallet-sized medical card... However, they gave me the Class-A and said I need to get that wallet-sized medical card.

I would love to just print a blank card and mail it to the doctor to fill-out... but I can't find one and no one claims to have any...
    Can anyone help?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Why would you need it? Once the DMV has the long form they have you Self Certify and retain the long form. It then is entered on your DMV records. This was changed over a few years ago.

What state are you dealing with?

Is the doctor on the FMCSA registry to give you the Physical, if not, they it is not legal.

https://nationalregistry.fmcsa.dot.gov/NRPublicUI/home.seam

luvit Thanks this.
  4. #1don

#1don Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    somewhere down south
    This seems to be the norm anymore. The last two physicals I've had, was printed on a large sheet of printer paper. Whoever told you that you needed a wallet-size don't know what they are talking about. And as the last poster said if you are ever pulled over and checked you will likely not even be asked for it it is attached to your driver's license I have been spot checked at least three times in the past year and they have never asked me for my medical card. I keep my printed copy in my permit book.

luvit and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    No matter what always had a long form near by computers are to screwy

luvit Thanks this.
  6. luvit

luvit Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2016
    I'm en-route to being a professional driver.. there are some things where I'll be misled by old-school thinking.
    Thanks for the link! My doctor was on the list :)
    My local BMV was like, "we do these everyday and your the first person to never bring it".. I rolled my eyes. Thanks for the tip.
    As advised, I'll just stow the long form with my regular docs I carry in-case I get some old-school inspector.
    I've read that I'm allowed to shrink the long form to wallet size, but I'm sure it's illegible at that size.

7. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Man purse or fanny pack.

Or one of these...
    wp_ss_20161203_0001.png

TROOPER to TRUCKER and cnsper Thank this.
  8. GreenMonster9669

GreenMonster9669 Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2014
    St Louis
    Take it to an office supply store like Office Depot that does copying and tell them you want it made wallet size and laminated. It's like 2 bucks.

9. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Its supposed to be a part of your cdl license nowadays.No need to carry it,when they run your cdl at the scale..it shows as active.If you are really wanting to carry a wallet sized one.,simply take the one from the doctor to fed ex or somewhere.They can shrink it down to a wallet sized copy and laminate it for like $1.35

10. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    @luvit, It is a sad fact that the bureaucrats in the driver's license offices, often have NO CLUE as to what the law really is. Remember, you are dealing with one of the worst bureaucracies there is, when dealing with these people.

LGarrison Thanks this.
  11. Joesteven1

Joesteven1 Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2018

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.