I DID IT-FECC Here I Come

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by teddy_bear6506, Feb 19, 2010.

1. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Good luck and Congratulations.:biggrin_25525:
    Now don't forget to keep us updated on where you are, so we can stay off the sidewalks.:biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    Way to go! Take your time, be safe, and have fun. The party has begun.

4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I hope you got your passport because you'll be offered a lot of Canada runs .

5. teddy_bear6506

teddy_bear6506 I'm Vintage

May 23, 2009
    Between Valhalla and Hades
    Not to worry, Lollipop, I'll update every chance I get. And I'll make sure to keep both eyes out for you :biggrin_25522:

Safety first, Big Duker. I know this is just the beginning and from here on out there will be a lot to learn, and I hope I can prove to be a good student.

Yep, I've already applied for it. I checked this morning and they are still processing it. As soon as I found out this owner was giving me a chance, I went the same day and applied. That was 2 1/2 weeks ago, so I'm hoping to get it any time.

Is Canada good or bad? I've heard both ways. Any input or advice anybody has, I would appreciate it. I have a lot of questions, especially regarding space and what the most important items to pack are.

You all are so wonderful!!! I'm so glad I ran across this forum and was welcomed by such great folks.

6. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Check the Canadian forums for how different ports are . I always cross at Port Huron / Sarnia and never have problems . I always come back empty though . U.S. Customs are tougher than the Canadians .

teddy_bear6506 Thanks this.
  7. shriner75

shriner75 Heavy Load Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Minnesota, dontcha know...
    Good Luck Teddy Bear and Keep us posted as I and probably others also look forward to your posts.

8. RACEFAN

RACEFAN Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Congrats teddybear,way to go! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. teddy_bear6506

teddy_bear6506 I'm Vintage

May 23, 2009
    Between Valhalla and Hades
    Shriner and Racefan, y'all are so kind and thank you for your wishes of good luck. I wish I could bottle the way I feel today. I'm sure there will be frustrating days and I could open that bottle and get the feeling back. I'll just keep reminding myself that many before me have felt the same way, and they survived. The world will be my new office.

10. JimF

JimF "If you got it, flaunt it"

Jan 29, 2008
    Salisbury NC
    Teddy bear, congrats!!! Hope overall the experience is good for you.

The Canadian trips aren't too bad. As RickG stated, getting back into your own country is more than getting into Canada. One tip, always make sure anyone looking into the cab of your truck, no matter what size, is neat in appearance. Nothing cluttered on the dash board. That applies to scales, if you ever cross them, also (your running in a van, correct?) . Trashy appearanve, you or the vehicle, is a flag to inspectors.

Good luck, and enjoy.

shriner75 and teddy_bear6506 Thank this.
  11. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Also on Canadian crossings never take anyone's word paperwork has been faxed and processed by a Canadian broker . Get the broker's number and call yourself to verify . If possible give an ETA at the border least an hour earlier than you expect to arrive there . Some brokers wait until last minute to send papers to Canada Customs .

teddy_bear6506 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.