I don't understand why or how

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by djbattle, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Well I guess if your employer purchased the house to start with, then they could put cameras in it.

Not the same at all, The tractor is not your house, though so may think so, the front part of that tractor is a place of business. A Lot of the cabs have curtains for the windshield, it think that's a reasonable option, close the curtain, or buy a windshield screen and cover it up when you park,or a piece of duc tape works wonders.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. just spend about a hundred and fifty bucks and buy your own lot of guys have the company one and they also have their own because if the company tries to lie and say we saw this on your camera it's like no you didn't cuz here's the camera on the other side recording also..
    we gots us a conflict of interest folks..

deathB4decaf and Mototom Thank this.
  4. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Most you can’t. But you can click twice and have it read aloud. 2 seconds. Almost as long as it takes to change radio station, turn on c.b and grab mic, turn air on. Wow everybody is messing up

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Im not sure to be honest. Somehow it reads all the signs. It also can read speed limit signs, red lights, construction zone signs, etc. Crazy technology

6. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Why can’t people understand that these driver cams are merely a tool to put more liability on the driver?

It’s not about doing anything wrong or hiding something. Not sure why that general theory is tossed around.

Think about how it “helps” the driver

Mark my words. More drivers will be held accountable for mishaps that were not there fault, because they merely changed the radio. Double checked the address on a BOL. Very minor stuff,

But but they were distracted. Even though the accident was unavoidable in any regard. But now the companies can find a way to get out of lawsuits. It is where this is all heading

I’m done with this thread

7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Ok.
    I drove a truck with a Mobileye unit that had the lane departure beeper and it could read speed limit signs.
    It always told me I was going too fast for exit ramps I drove past and it hated State Highway 15.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I want to find a company that makes you wear binoculars that record your eye movements, have cameras at home to make sure you get enough sleep, and a truck that beeps nonstop from the time you crank it til you park.

9. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I'm in. It would be good for a lot of drivers out there lol. Act like children get treated like children. It like warning labels, they are there because of some idiot and these Nanny's in the truck are no different... enough people have used a cell phone, fallen asleep, etc and killed people to warrant this technology.

10. yup

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  11. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    What about when dispatch has that HOT load and you can't stop to piss. Now you can't pee in bottle, the camera might see it.

D.Tibbitt and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.