I don't understand why or how

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by djbattle, Aug 22, 2019.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Since the companies want complete transparency from the driver, they should make all their financials known and give rate confirmations to the drivers. In the name of transparency and what not.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    There is no dispatch that you can not tell them I can not run it legal, I either run it legal or I don't run it, period. A driver does not have to except the intimidation of a dispatcher.

I like to put it on the qualcomm, Send me a message from safety approving me running this load illegally and I will run it. When I was at IWX a dispatcher was actually fool enough to go into MR. Coulters (the owner) and ask permission for me to take a load and run it hot, He fired the dispatcher for even asking.

deathB4decaf and CorsairFanboy Thank this.
  4. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    No, they can't.

Let us posit that I own an apartment complex. I want to hire a manager/maintenance person for said complex, and I want them to be on site and available. So, one of the perks of the job is a free apartment.

It doesn't matter that I own the property. It doesn't matter that the occupant is my employee. I am not allowed to install cameras in that living space. If I do, I can expect to have my arse sued into another dimension and any court in the USA would uphold it.

QED.

5. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    It goes to Privacy issues, so If theres a designated office work area maybe. But your probably right, except for instance, the storage rentals down the street have an office with a public area, ie front counter, now they could install cameras in the public acess area, but not back in the actual residence, back to presumed privacy , in the puplic acess areas there is not any presumed privacy since the public has access to them.

6. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal

7. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Who cares if it’s their truck? It still isn’t getting driven by me with a camera.

It’s my life, they aren’t putting the cameras in there to help you. They are putting them in there to let you hang out to dry in court if it ever comes to that.

Screw that their truck their rules garbage. I’m the driver so I’m going by my rules. You don’t like it find someone else. My old boss told me to drive a truck with a camera one day, I told him no cameras and took another truck it’s not that freaking hard.

We’re talking about potentially your freedom here and we all know the general public hates trucks. A camera is a big deal vs something like being governed at 65. Yeah it sucks but it won’t cost you your freedom if you have a bad day.

8. CorsairFanboy

CorsairFanboy Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Look around, no one cares about their freedoms or privacy anymore...

shogun, Fold_Moiler and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Nope, the conditioning is working I guess.

CorsairFanboy and Linte_Loco Thank this.
  10. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Still dont understand the point of inward facing. Outward tells all the story you need to determine the at fault vehicle. Inward facing "living in the truck" us a complete invasion of privacy..do not work for those companies

11. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Ahh yes the famous dispatcher "hot load" , that same hot load thats been sitting in the back of a warehouse for 2 months that the shipping office forgot was even back there ! Gotta love it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.