I don't understand why or how

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by djbattle, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    What if the company with camera pays better ? I'm not a big fan of the idea but I believe the court system say since you can close the curtains when going to bed is not invitation of privacy. So I guess they can see driver picking nose while driving. Ha ha.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    For me personally it’s just respect. I’m not a training dummy to study and critique. They either trust me or they don’t

4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    You can blame the scum bag accident lawyers. They are the reason for cameras in the truck. Example: Truck is rolling along minding there own business when all of a sudden a elderly foreign car driver collides with truck. The verdict? Elderly driver wins 10 million judgement. Happened on I-10 fwy near palm springs, ca.

5. ProblemChild_JJ

ProblemChild_JJ Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2019
    Chicago IL
    I honestly dont mind it because personally I dont have anything to hide...they can watch me all they want...However I do think its a good feature to have because its a good way to weed out all the dickheads who do everything BUT focus on the road. the more of those individuals they get out the drivers seat the better. again thats just my opinion.

6. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    So, some idiot crashes into you and the his lawyer sues you. With that two faced camera, you have proof the other guy was at fault and you were paying attention at the wheel and not sleeping or looking at your phone. Now it has saved you a lot of headaches and cancellation of your insurance.
    Still hate that camera?

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Why dont you complain when cameras are in stores? Why do you need cameras in stores? You're not going to steal anything. You're not a thief. You're not a scientific method variable. Real simple. The phrase that goes back many years in this industry: COVER YOUR ###! They spent millions of dollars on their business, if that's what they choose....oh well.

8. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    For one drivers keep proving they can not be trusted,It should not be an issue, most offices also have cameras now.
    Two I have been at several different companies that have added cameras, the big mouths that say they will quit, dont.
    Cameras if your doing your job will back you up, if not then it may send you down the road.
    Oh well, if it sent you down the road then I guess you could not be trusted.
    I see drivers tailgating cars and trucks everyday, clipping curbs, awnings on buildings etc.... Proves the need. If I purchased trucks they would absolutely before taking delivery, a company not using every bit of technology is ran by a fool.

Just passing by Thanks this.
  9. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I heard advertising for Progressive insurance and now if you share you ELD data you MIGHT get lower insurance. It's getting crazy with all this stuff. Become a truck drive and you can be watching and judged on your driving 24/7.

They want the camera for safety but you try logging all your working time now they complain the trucks not making money. I say let go all in on safety. If we have camera watching let's log all loading and unloading. It all for driver safety right ?

Numb Thanks this.
  10. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Same driver was looking at his QC and a kid in the car died.

How does the jury find the defendant?

11. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I had a CHP in Bakersfield, that I called nick named her something not very flattering, in any case she wrote me 4 tickets in less than a month, the last was after I installed a dual camera, w/ gps and speed recording, I left home in Mojave headed to Sacramento, daily trip, made sure the camera was on, sure enough when I passed General Beal Road bottom of the Tehachapi Grade she red lighted me, But today I made sure I never went over 55, anyplace. So she wrote me up, right on camera I told her I was recording her (not required you can always record a cop doing there job). She looked straight into the camera and told me she did not care she could write me for anything she wanted.
    So needless to say went to court, had the judge watch the video, he not only dismissed that ticket, but also the previous tickets written bu her, and told me she wont bother you again, that was 9 years ago. still running thru there regular, see her and I wave, but she does not seem to be interested in trucks.

Cameras, hell yes, love them...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.