I drive for them...

Discussion in 'CR England' started by dsober1, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Light Traveler

Light Traveler Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Somewhere out there...

Salt Lake City to Omaha is 935 miles. If you averaged 70 mph, it would take approximately 14 hours!! How did you do it? Who said outlaw truckin' is a thing of the pass!! Long live Jerry Reed! :thumbup:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dryver67

Dryver67 Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Mo.
    I here ya Driver, I Got A friend Who drives For England And your Story Sounds The same as His-They Took Him On When Nobody else Would-He Lives In ME. Now That He Has Been Out On His Own for A Couple Of months,They Have Him driven From One Side Of The Country To The Other Constantly-And they are pretty Nonstop On tryin To Push That Lease/Purchase Option:biggrin_1square2:

4. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    But CRE will keep you running if you prove you can do the job.

5. sdiva101

sdiva101 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2008
    crestview,fl
    i think it's ignorant to think every person at cre is a mormon.By the way not everyone who lives in Utah is mormon and not every mormon lives in utah LOL

6. grandmadebe

grandmadebe Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Grandma Debi says...... I am a Christian at CR England..... I like CR England so far I have a thread on them as a good company because I believe they are...

By the way we are all going to spend eternity somewhere so why not with God???

Just curious:biggrin_25511: and I'm from Colorado or use to be...... Have not been there since New Years day. I did class in Salt Lake City very happy with all of that.

One more week and I'll finish CAT. Soon I'll be a first seat in a big red CR England truck. (right after I go home for a few days)
    So blessings to all and keep smiling!!!

Grandma Debi:biggrin_25526:

7. runningonempty

runningonempty Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2008
    New Braunfels, TX
    Dsober,

My hubby is now driving for England and know for a fact that company trucks are governed at 62 mph and lease trucks are governed at 75 mph. There is no way that company truck is going to make it from S.L.C. to Omaha NE in 8.5 hrs without double logging. That's impossible.
    Running

8. sgentry

sgentry Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    My husband just got a pay cut to $32K a year with his employer of 4 years. He is considering a job change/career in the trucking industry. He does not have his CDL. After reading up on CRE it seems their training program is good. Seems like being hired is probable if you are almost perfect. My husband thinks he can make $34-$40K year.. Sounds like you are saying he should stay where he is... What do you think?:biggrin_25511:

9. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    If he's married? YES, not a good job for a married guy.Reefer drivers are gone for 4 to 6 weeks at a time.

10. sgentry

sgentry Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks for the info.. he is still going to go with trucking but w/Stevens instead of CRE.

Again.. thanks for any info.. we are new at this!

11. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    Stevens is a bit better . but not much. will keep him out 3-6 weeks and won't be making much over $30k first year. Don't buy their lease BS either. DO NOT BUY THEIR EQUIPMENT FOR THEM!!!!!!!! You will take all the risk and they will reap all the benefits. I would have him check out Millis or if in Dallas try Schneider. They train in Dls.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.