I failed...

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TheRedskinsWay, Aug 23, 2011.

1. TheRedskinsWay

TheRedskinsWay Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Columbia SC
    Made it pass pretrip perfect missed only one thing, made it pass skills with a ugly dock but it was in, then on my drive I was only bout 2 miles from returning and bumped the curb, My heart fell cause I knew I had my CDL till I bumped that #### curb.

Anyway she asked me what I would do going up hill with a loaded trailer, and down hill. I didn't know either my instructors never covered that, but I know it's my fault because it's in that manual the size of a #### bible!

I'm beating myself up really badly know!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    Learn from your mistakes and pass it tomorrow.

A lot of people mess up one of the parts on there CDL test and end up retaking.

4. TheRedskinsWay

TheRedskinsWay Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Columbia SC
    I wish I could go tomorrow! They are backed up and they can get me back in on 12th! :biggrin_25513:
    I could have be with my trainer by then!!

5. Dave_AL

Dave_AL Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2011
    AL
    Sorry to hear about that. Maybe you've already thought of this, but you know you'll nail it next time. You already know to watch out for that pesky little curb and the rest is history. If nothing else, you should have a good deal of new confidence mixed in with the disappointment. The disappointment will go away - the confidence is earned.

6. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    Relax, you'll get and then the hard part starts.

dirtyjerz Thanks this.
  7. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Road Train Member

May 31, 2008
    Mason City, IL
    Could be worse, when I was taking my test another driver from another school took down a stop sign during his test. I can't guarentee it, but if you had known how to handle hills and only bumped the curb, it is possible that the tester would have passed you anyway. I wasn't perfect on my test, but her concern was could I handle the truck? A good tester understands you are a newby and nervous.

mtnMoma Thanks this.
  8. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Well you know where you went wrong and what you have to do now. Personally it sounds to me as if you were a tad nervous. Relax! Study and go do it again. You aren't the first person who didn't pass the first go around!

9. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 Gone, but NEVER forgotten

May 13, 2011
    SW Missouri
    No Sir you didn't fail you have just run into a delay. You only fail when you give up.

10. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck "Captain of the Ship"

Apr 7, 2007
    Woodstock, NB, Canada
    No biggie, I failed my first try for scrubbing a curb. You'll do it perfect next time.

mtnMoma Thanks this.
  11. zebcohobo

zebcohobo Vincent Van Gopher

Jul 19, 2010
    Redbank,SC
    Took me 3 tries to get mine. I failed for not recalling the height of a bridge we went under. Just know that next time you won't be anywhere near scrubbing a curb. But don't concentrate so much on that one thing that you forget about something else. You'll do fine. Good luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.