I found these two outfits for financing...

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Justrucking2, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    For financing small to medium purchases, like maybe a new head or in frame kit, or a set of tires or wheels.

Here are the two outfits...

Affirm

They are popular amongst the kids and young adults to purchase things like watches and such, maybe a laptop. I have used them three times for three different purchases. Last year we were going to get hammered with snow, and just having moved into my new house, with 200 foot driveway, and no plow service in the neighborhood as we are a private neighborhood... I needed a snow plow, found one at RealTruck.com and saw this Affirm financing option. I had the cash, but did not want to spend it, so I hit the Affirm button... I had the new plow in three days.

I have since made a few other small purchases, and have paid them all off in a few months. Interest is a bit high at 30%. But, the few items I did purchase the interest at the end averaged out to around $150 for ea item purchased. To me, that is not bad to use someone else money for 6 to 8 months. The other nice thing, it bumped my FICO score back up, now well into the 700's on all three credit bureaus.

The other outfit, is The Lending Club, you will see them advertised on TV. I used them to pay off the high interest credit cards from the in frame. I had to live on something, and racked up quite the bill with parts that the dealer did not cover and paying bills. I applied and was approved in around four days. Interest is 8.34% on $21,000 signature loan over 36 months.

Just thought I would let you guys know about these two outfits. Affirm I found interesting, as they will give you a virtual credit card to make a purchase anywhere, approval is instant. I need new wheels, drive wheels for my tractor. I punched the numbers into Affirm and it was not that bad of a payment for $2,000. I will not use Affirm for that, my wheels still have time, so I will buy individually. But, if in a pinch and you don't have the cash right this minute, it is an option. Same as using a credit card, and I have those, I use them and pay off immediately. Just an option.

The Lending Club, if you have decent credit and work history, it could fund an in frame. That is worth its weight in gold if you do not have that kind of cash laying around.

Just thought I would throw these two outfits out there for your general consumption. ;-)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Look at credit karma . They have better offers if you have really good credit.

4. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    Lending club is one of the credit karma ones, they offered me 21k signature loan at 6% not to long ago but I ended up just going in my savings for something I wanted. my buddy used them before and he said it’s easy and money in bank 2 days later,, no questions asked... he is the one that got me looking at them when I was floating the idea of financing sometjing

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.