I Give Up

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by Rug_Trucker, Aug 21, 2010.

1. nikondvr

nikondvr Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2007
    I walked into my terminal and inquired about a job. Talked to the terminal manager and filled out the application then and there. Had to take the physical on the other side of the state because I had a load that had to be delivered. Turned in that paper work at the terminal there and they sent it back up to the terminal I was applying with. Hired on right after that. Now when you come in to fill out an application they sit you down at a computer and you fill it out there and that's the only way it's done unless you do it online from home.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    I am wondering if making an appearnace would help? Did the app. No jobs in the Nashville area. They also list a Springfield, Lavergne, and Springhill terminal?

Do they keep your app on file? I wish there was a number to call to chat with someone!

4. nikondvr

Feb 7, 2007
    Rug,

It wouldn't hurt to go in and talk to the terminal manager at the terminal you are interested in. That way they can put a face to the application and it shows that you are REALLY interested. When I went in I hadn't put an application in yet and did it on the spot. That was a few years back and they only do it on the computer now. But after I had filled it out and talked to the TM he made the decision on the spot to hire me as long as the background check, drug screen, and physical came back good. Just remember to be up front with them about EVERYTHING in your past. Lying on your application process it the fastest way to be shown the door.

5. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    I have nothing in my past to worry about. I will try to get face to face with them on my next home time.

6. Car

Car Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2010
    LA
    If I remember right, you have to have your hazmat to work for them.

7. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    got that and the doubles triples. I am going to work on my TWIC next.

8. nikondvr

Feb 7, 2007
    You do need both your hazmat and doubles/triples. Here we don't need the TWIC card because we don't have to go in and out of any of the port authorities. I had to get badged for a nuclear facility because they are on my route and I go in there on almost a daily basis. But something like that is on a person by person basis and the company pays for it when and if you need it.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  9. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    We do need the TWIC card in some locations but it's the same deal as your badge to get into the nuke plant - the company pays for it.. Things vary a lot in this company as I've learned from working at three different terminals.. I was at a terminal that ran triples and all drivers that were required to get it so long as they were qualified for the state of Ohio's triples requirements - those things are loooooong.. When I had to renew my Hazmat that too was paid for by the company - I had to pay for the renewal of my license but the Hazmat test and fingerprinting were covered by the company.. The TWIC card is the same way - if a terminal runs into any facility that requires one all drivers that are eligible by the requirements must get one but it's paid for by the company..

I have all kinds of cards in my wallet I'll never use again..haha..

10. zyk285

zyk285 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    I put in an application w/them and never got a response by email like their website said I would. Then I try calling the 800 number and lady gives me another number to call and that number refers me to their website and does not let me talk to a human. i tried to contact them abt my app several times and final just said screw it!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.