I got a ticket.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by White Line, Jul 10, 2010.

1. White Line

White Line Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Lexington KY
    It's the first one I've got in the last 8 years.I made a left during the "no left turn between 6-8 a.m." The ticket is a "Disobeyed traffic signal" or some thing of the sort.Would this DQ me by any company if I were to apply for a driving job with them? If so,How long would I have to wait before I would get hired?Thanks gang.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. White Line

Aug 6, 2007
    Lexington KY
    P.S. This was in my personal vehicle.

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    That will be up to what ever company you apply with. If you are an experienced driver, and other than that your record is clear you will probably be OK.

If you are not a driver, and are thinking about going to a truck driving school, you might want to check with several companies before you pay the big bucks. The school will probably tell you it will "be fine," but keep in mind that they just want your money.

5. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    With your record being that clean, and the way it's worded I wouldn't worry about it.

6. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Nope, but they write that way so they get the maximum fine. Write this way counts the same as running a red light.

7. old-six-pack

old-six-pack Heavy Load Member

Oct 24, 2007
    vernon hill, va
    driving a truck raises u up so u can see the no turn sign better.

8. White Line

Aug 6, 2007
    Lexington KY
    What's funny is the fine for the offense was only 50 dollars,but the county and state surcharges were 90,so the total fine was 140 dollars.Our government is not our friend.

Wiseguywireless Thanks this.
  9. DC CAB

DC CAB Medium Load Member

You'll be fine. As long as you don't have a pile of tickets, those shouldn't harm you at all.

10. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    You could go to court and get it removed with your exemplerary record. Donate some money to a local "crime fund." Pay court costs and take defensive driving school.

One ticket isn't bad. I got hired with 2 speeding tickets in 5 years. One was 14 over the limit.

11. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Not allowed with a CDL since 2005 and it makes no difference since then whether in a commercial vehicle or private vehicle.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.