I HATE Training. Need Advice

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DizzleDriver, Aug 23, 2019.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    What say you, Mr @DizzleDriver? Do you want a mentor or do you want to keep your questions public? Are there any volunteers for a mentor for young Dizzle? Someone tell him how to get his truck out of the mountain with his transmission. Thanks in advance.

One more thing, Mr Dizzle...they already told you that the training part of it is the worst part, and you're almost done. When you get your truck and get to rolling, remember this moment when you were new and thinking of quitting and the vast majority told you to dig in deep and finish what you set out to do. When you see a new one that's having difficulty, you speak to him/her, tell em don't quit, tell them your experience. Use this experience to be better (more patient) than what you would have been if you had an excellent trainer. Be the driver that your trainer never could be.

Luck in battle.

EDIT: I'd nominate Mr @otterinthewater or @gentleroger

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Sounds like CR England.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  4. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    OP you need to read this post and let it soak in. @TripleSix only chimes in with strong advice. Just get thru it best you can. Ask 2,000,000 questions while you are still on that truck. You will get the normal fools that will whine and say why didn't ya search because it's been covered before and the ones that will say your an idiot for not being born knowing how to shift a 18 but f all those guys. The majority of people on here are more than willing to chime in with any help they can give and the combined years of driving between all the guys that are willing to help is a staggering amount so there is a lot of knowledge to be gained.

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Ask for another trainer. You are not riding with one now.

6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    @scottied67 Do you have a video on brakes?

7. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Your trainer is not doing his job, if what you say is true. Ask for another trainer. A trainer should only make you feel stupid if you are missing the same stuff over and over. Most trainers these days have little experience, want to make more money, and tolerate strangers in their truck. Be prepared to wait for a new trainer, if necessary. Decide if you want to wait or put up with the one you have.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    This thread teaches TWO very important lessons:

1.There are so many other posts where OP posts and he QUITS before asking for help. Cant help him. This guy wants to get through this, let's help him get through this. If you're having trouble, ask for counsel BEFORE you act, not after.

2. If you look for them, you will see tons of good people.

9. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    @DizzleDriver PM with questions or give me a number and I’ll call.

FYI. Listen to @TripleSix. I did when I started. I still do...

10. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    @DizzleDriver , our friend @otterinthewater is a trainer,
    Talk to him. Also stick with it. Two weeks is nothing, time will fly, just go with it.

11. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Yep, a jerk with a messiah complex does not make for good training. Make an already nervous newbie miserable quick.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.