I hate Tyson, I HATE Tyson, I HATE TYSON!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by simplyred1962, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Gereke

Gereke Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2010
    interweb fail caused double post fail!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    They are called paws.

4. sazook

sazook Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    epic

10char

5. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I call it chicken juice! :biggrin_25523:

6. tut

tut Light Load Member

Ha! I'm gunna use that line, if you please! :biggrin_25514:

7. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    Someone must have phoned in an INS threat ...:biggrin_25525:

8. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I was at the Shelbyville, TN plant last week at shift change. 100 Mexicans in plus one white guy. One hundred Mexicans out plus one white guy.
    The white guy was the shag driver. The only one with a CDL, lol.

I put my foot down today. I had a Tyson load from Logansport, IN. Two drops.
    Load come out at 1830 yesterday. I had to drive 550 miles to Memphis this morning for an 0630 appt. No problem but the 1st drop took 5 hours to unload making me 2 hours late for the Sysco drop. The CSR wanted me to make attempt at delivery.

I said, get me a new appt because I knew it wouldn't be until tomorrow. She got mad at me. I said listen lady, I already been on duty 16 hours. Last week I got put out of service because of trying to please you and Tyson. Not one of you helped me when I got that $200 fine. In fact, safety threaten to fire me, blah, blah, blah. Where were you and Tyson? She hung up on me. An hour later I got a peoplenet message for an 0800 appt tomorrow. Screw them people. I'm tired of it. It doesn't pay any extra to play their stupid games.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    simplyred1962 Thanks this.
  9. jam--jam

jam--jam Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Tyson is always like that. Even my dispatcher knows about Tyson.

10. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    As I read on..... may I suggest a personal policy I use as a company driver...... Everything on a tank is charged back....right down to how many feet of hose..... but it don't matter if I string 10 or 100 feet, I get the same money so!!!!

If I don't get it...they don't get it ! I document 15 minutes delivery time and one section of hose.... and they can only bill what I document so..... if you sit at where ever for 10 hrs waiting...and you get nothing....then by all means don't document it where the carrier can collect it ! Why waist the ink ?

JMO drivers, JMO

11. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

Well, the thing about many of the complaints about Tyson (and other meat plants), come from the reefer drivers. Who are given a definitive load appt. and time, and then must sit for anywhere from hours to several days, because TYSON is the furk-up's.

IMHO, why give a driver a set appt date/time, if YOU (meaning TYSON), can not get the product out and onto the reefer at that time??? :biggrin_25521:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.