I hate Tyson, I HATE Tyson, I HATE TYSON!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by simplyred1962, Jun 20, 2009.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    The contract haulers computers are tied in with Tysons. So when you do arrival calls, loaded calls, etc. Tyson sees it on their end.
    We usually get the load info, it has an early time and drop dead time to pick up. It is a 24 hour window. But the loads usually come out at the drop dead time. This is how Tyson avoids detention and they schedule delivery like you had a ten hour break. In reality you been working all day before you get to Tyson just in time for the drop dead time. Then Tyson expects you to run all night, get a 10 hour break and then run the remainder of the trip. Usually a driver will pick up and get some sleep and run two shifts together to get the job done. I've had loads that were late coming out and they won't change delivery time. You are expected to make the lost time up. And even though you are exhausted when you deliver and worked 18 hours prior, you are expected to be on the dock counting freight in case of a OS&D.

Last time I had a shortage I told the Tyson grouch lady I wasn't allowed on the dock. They told me to wait in my truck. :) She said you could of asked. Yeah right, I'm catching some zzzzzzzz! Alot of times you can look at the load sheet supplied with your bills and see the shortage. The dock worker didn't pass the info on so the bills could be changed.

simplyred1962 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

Yeah, dontcha just L-O-V-E that Tyson grouch lady??? :biggrin_25521: :biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.