I hate Tyson, I HATE Tyson, I HATE TYSON!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by simplyred1962, Jun 20, 2009.

1. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Oh yeah! We drove for JCT and used to pull tyson out of OK to La, CA. Been to the one in Tn too! It's funny they can only get convicts to work there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. eatmorchikin

eatmorchikin Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2010
    If ya'll wont go back to Tyson, that's more miles not brokered away from us company haulers (not to mention dinged up trailers, stolen load locks or stolen new trailer tires. Not saying who GReatwide.)

Pretty good to drive for. 3000-3500 avg week miles. None of the out forever crap. I'm home everyother weekend, no exceptions. Excellent Dispatch !! Great insurance, etc. Longest wait at plant is probably 12 hours. Some are crappy. Temperanceville ring any memories? Exceptions are Internationals. 222,000 miles and have had 6 breakdowns. (speed sensor on auto trans, fuel solenoid, broken hose where coolant runs through apu, spilling ALL your coolant, etc.) On a final note, we are going elogs and 65mph.

4. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

Yeah, and the Tyson company drivers don't have to deal with DAYS long waits for their loads versus the rest of us who DO.
    Our experiences with Tyson are such that we would rather haul AIR , than have to deal with Tyson, and no WAY would we work for them!!

5. tesla4all

tesla4all Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Southeastern US
    Bottom line on Tyson and Any finished meat producer that has its own trucks....the outside carrier will more times than not be the last to be loaded. Why do outside carriers continue to line up for these loads? Reasons vary, but you can be assured that they aren't sitting there for free..YOU the driver may be,..no matter what kind of lies your company is feeding you. Sometimes these sit-arounds are being compensated by the hour, or come with a flat $150 to 4 or5 hundred dollar demurrage amount attached to the move...

6. punkinhed

punkinhed Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    hello, cleveland!
    i'm almost afraid to ask... but what does tyson produce that gets hauled out in tankers?

7. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

Beaks, feet, and innards for dog food??? I think they call them "by-products"..:biggrin_2556:

8. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Affectionately known as liquid chicken

simplyred1962 Thanks this.
  9. Truck Driver

Truck Driver Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    I haul alot of hot chicken fat out of Foster Farms in Livingston, CA. They use it to flavor dog food. We also haul the blood out to a waste water treatment plant in Oakland. Tyson likely has the same thing going.

10. madbunny

madbunny Medium Load Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Indiana
    Uh Tyson chicken feet go to China it's a delicacy over there.....

The place we don't haul for anymore is Ken's Foods....they don't understand appointments at all. Not spending a whole day because they set an appointment but then it's never held by the company. :biggrin_25510:

11. Gereke

Gereke Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Only had to go to a Tyson plant once. Wasn't bad at all...... Admittedly I was just dropping off a trailer loaded with pallets :biggrin_25522: (Walulla, WA)

The crappy part was my empty trailer was waiting over on the fringes of the employee parking lot. Finished hooking to it and started to pull out just as everyone was getting off of work. Good GOD that was the worst parking lot traffic jam I have ever been in. Didn't help that all the "polite" workers kept cutting each other off, passing in stupid places, and two almost clipped the front of my tractor.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.