I Hate Walmart!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by earthbrown, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    It is located west of Cheyenne on I-80 a couple of miles past the Little America in Cheyenne. It is on the north side of I-80. I did not really pay attention to it except to note that it was there. I believe it may have its own exit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Smurf

Smurf Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Arky Saw
    I got a good one about Walmart. Bookhaven MS last Sunday. Had a 0700 appt. Get there the ususal one hr early. Finally get a door at 0800. Got the green light to hook and pull away at 1000. Sat in there parking lot trying to be patient. Finally get my bills to get out of there at 2145 that night. This place is so old I think it's the first DC that Sam Walton built. I put this place at the top of my do not goto list. Never thought Tyson would get beat out on that one but they did.

4. chief

chief Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Flavor Country, NC
    some people hate sprawl mart, not me...I just flat out ignore them. I haven't bought anything from mao mart in almost 2 years. personally, I'm looking foward to the day when they are bankrupt, forced to liquidate, then their football stadium-sized, indoor flea markets are bulldozed to make room for us to rebuild our factories. and hopefully, when their buildings are imploded, the brain dead morons who shop there and have sold out our manufacturing for cheap crap from China, will still be inside.

5. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin

Never happen.
    They built a better mouse trap.
    It took 40+ years to get this big.
    I see no other to take their place, then when we see one it will take years of store wars to kick walmart out.
    All the while we blindly keep shopping. Me included!!!!!!!!!

6. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    I agree, Walmart has it nailed down good... I've never been stuck there more than 2 hours at there IDC's...... By the way, most of there products are made in the US (believe it or not).

7. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI

And I got a Bridge for sale too...

8. raindancer

raindancer Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2007
    memphis,mo
    smurf
    know what you mean about bookhaven.was waiting for paper work when a driver ahead of me was complianing because he had sat there 17 hours.while he was a little loud, the fat b#%$h behind the desk said just a moment and got on the phone. I thought she was calling security but nope she just cancelled the load and told the guy to leave. Seems it happens a lot there. shouldn't give women like that the power to controll a drivers income. we do a lot of dc and women are the worst to deal with as a rule and walmart women are the worst of the worst. guess they don't have power at home so they take thier man hatein' out on drivers.

9. tomhorn

tomhorn Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    Don't be so sure about that! They once said that about KMart. Also Enron, Worldcom, American Motors, Deusenberg, Chrysler (only here because of Gvt bail-out and about to go under for good this time). GM, Countrywide Mortgage. The bigger they come, the harder they fall. Remember in the early 80s when the first building materials Big Box came along. It was called Builder's Square, owned by Kmart and they were going to dominate the world of building materials. Where are they today. When's the last time you saw a Woolworths?

People are increasingly becoming aware that WalMart has done more damage to our economy and the workplace than anyone, ever. It is just starting to be recognized that the Chinese (80% of walmart products come from China, including food) are cutting corners and the result is substandard poisonous products. Sam Walton built the company on "Made in the USA", then he died and his kids layed around doing nothing and turned it over to a bunch of MBAs and Lawyers who care about nothing but themselves and the chickens wil come home to roost. WalMart is flying high now, but the bigger you build something, the heavier it gets and eventually it can not support it's own weight. It may be another generation or two, but WalMart will go down.

BTW, I have only been in WalMarts 5 times in my life. I only bought things twice. A road atlas once and roll of 6lb fishing line once.

10. TRUCKINGHOPEFUL

TRUCKINGHOPEFUL Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Victor, NY
    Now I don't work for Wal-mart and if I ever get over the road I am going to try to stay away from them, but like other have said they really did a good job locking up our money in the stores around the country. Funny thing is, they were a small store that got tossed around when they first started. Sam Walton was thrown out of his home town by Ben Franklin when he first started...And a local grocery store near me expands every year. (Wegmans) closing down smaller retailers and no one complains about them since they are local. but wait until they are like Wal Mart.

But hey what can you do. Everyone wants lower prices, so China we go. Just look at all the bearings and related stuff I sell. 70% from china cause we can't compete if it is made here. Sad.

11. javelinjeff

javelinjeff Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2007
    victorville,ca
    i've done wally world DC's all over the US.some of them are bad but overall they are better than most.their lumper fees are far lower than companies like Universal Lumpers or Americus,and if you want to do it yourself i never had a real issue(they had good pallet jacks).try going to Affiliated Foods in Amarillo and find a working pallet jack! you'll get one with a broken handle. every wally world i've been to had large floor areas behind the dock,sometimes other freight would be in your way but i never had a problem getting someone to cut me a path to get my stuff out,if nobody was around i moved it myself and then someone would see this and my dock would get cleared real quick. imagine how many drivers they see per day that have a bad attitude at that window, i was always very polite and freindly EVEN when the clerk wasn't,and my longest wait was 4 hours.as soon as i got back in the truck after checking in, i would go to sleep knowing that i would not be called in at least two hours,after 2 hour nap i would turn up my CB so i could hear them calling for me,and i would check in on the radio after 3 hours for any word on my load.usually they'd reply with "we're almost done" and i'd be checking on my next load while waiting on my papers.they are not the worst-they are just a typical DC

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.