I have arrived!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by WesternPlains, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Woodchuck88

Woodchuck88 Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    Just put a white bag in the window so they think your broke down lol.

WesternPlains and IluvCATS Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Woodchuck88

Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    By the 3rd guy to try I’d either been sleeping or filming to put on YouTube especially if you tried to help.

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  4. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Wait until you get hit by CR England, your truck will be in the shop for a week.

5. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I don’t need the talk about me choosing. I parked between two trucks. I’m actually practicing on purpose. Those trucks left.

Woodchuck88 Thanks this.
  6. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Lol

I almost had a 90 year old in a celadon tanker smoke me but I laid on the horn.

How you can’t drive a tanker straight back is beyond me... they are the easiest because you can see way more.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  7. Woodchuck88

Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    Not entirely true. Was it a day cab? That’s his only excuse. Doesn’t matter what your pulling, Van, tank or spread axle if you’re in a sleeper cab it’s more difficult. You could have got your 300 pound butt out of the truck and helped the old timer out and probably learned something from him.

8. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    Dude I pull a tanker with a sleeper. It’s easier to back a tanker than any other trailer besides a flatbed with nothing on it.

I’m not 300 pounds I’m probably in better shape than you.

I was going in the store at the same time as him, I held the door for him and he didn’t say thank you and just looked at the floor. He was a prick, just because you’re old and drive a truck doesn’t mean I have to respect you.

You almost hit me and were a douche after even though I waved at you signaling “it’s all good” go kick rocks crabby old #######...

austinmike Thanks this.
  9. Woodchuck88

Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    I do farm pickup in a day cab and know what it can be like backing down those muddy slopes to the barn in the dark. Bumping docks in a van is far easier then pulling a tank. In most situations. But why would you wave all good if he was about to scrape you. personally that would pi** me off. He probably knew he was on top of you and about ready to pull up.

Fold_Moiler Thanks this.
  10. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    Idk why I waved, I guess because I wanted him to know I didn’t hate him he was just too close for comfort.

He had no idea he was about to hit me, he was going for a spot next to me but was waaaaay off into my spot. Probably just tired as hell. I know I can’t back worth a #### when I’ve been up for way too long.

Yeah bumping docks is easier but at least we don’t have to argue with warehouses over a door or whatever it is they do... Only kind of line a tanker sees is waiting to get a load and I’m paid by the hour.

Woodchuck88 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.