I hear Hard Drive

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Timin770, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Yes. Do you grab screwdrivers and soldering irons?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Fixed yet....You had time to with all the responces....If i grabbed a solder iron,i grabbed the cold side..
    When i did long haul i had all kinds of stuff with me..Sometimes i washed n waxed my truck..If i needed to relax i would watch tv,i would cook my supper..All kinds of stuff on my off time..

4. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    What I do is put the Stryker on the bench when I get home and get to it when I get time.

In the meantime I install my Anytone or Northpoint exports in my truck and make the trip knowing that no tinkering will be required

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  5. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Hhhmmm..Didnt you mention about the rest of your trip with a broken radio,now your putting in a at6666,must be home on her ### cause seems ya cant during off duty time..

6. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada

While sitting on my ### 20211023_134658.jpg

7. jdchet

jdchet Medium Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    Yup Mark was blowin' smoke on 19 this past week!
    I'm not a customer of Mark's, despite a couple of failed attempts. I will however defend his vetting of potential customers. He does charge a lot for his radios! He seems to do quite a bit of work on those radios. I have yet to hear of a disgruntled owner of one of his radios! If he sold to just anyone who came up with the $ for his work, many would be slapping them in their trucks with a garbage antenna and wondering what happened? You see this time and again on different radio forums and Facebook pages........."I just bought a Stryker (or any other big radio) and it doesn't work worth a ####"!............"my Cobra 29 worked fine on the stock antenna?"
    I do find Mark's internet pissing matches tedious though.......

JMHO
    JD

8. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Why? Unless you see corrosion on the pins, there's no need to use any spray. In fact you should only have to reseat the cheap connector that Stryker used, and you should be good for another few months.

9. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017

That's why I buy real CB radios. After I set the power to the legal 4 watts and adjust modulation to 100 %, I usually never have to take the covers off again. Unless I want to.

10. jdchet

jdchet Medium Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    Making Mark's big head bigger on the big screen is a bit much isn't it @craig_sez ? LMAO!

JD

11. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.