I hear Hard Drive

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Timin770, Oct 19, 2021.

1. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Just a cleaner dude..Why that one pot/plug what ever you wanna call it gets affected i dont know..It cleans it and off ya go..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada

Did ya notice the vids name also?? It was a razz re being on my butt AND re volume fix on the 955..Bazinga!!

jdchet Thanks this.
  4. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Well that was my point. The connector isn't dirty, reseating the cable does the same thing. No spray needed.

5. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Must get dirty some how otherwise why would it slowly get worse..Its a lock plug of sorts..

6. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
  7. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    As you can see, there is a row of similar connectors. Why would one get dirty and not the rest?. I love my Stryker but it's not perfect. I just cleaned it up and put a new battery in the Palomar SL41 mic. Good to go for another year yay

Night Stalker10 Thanks this.
  8. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    That is odd that its just that one..Gotta be static cling grabbing dust particles or something along those lines...Missed that day in skoo....
    Got me a sl41 but im a lil more into my ranger mic....Its been sittin for about a yr or more,should grab a battery for that meself..

9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Has anyone heard Rabi?

10. Night Stalker10

Jun 26, 2017

The next time you have to pull the cover off your radio for this problem, can you take a close up picture of the connector? I would like to see how dirty this one connector gets. I say hard drive is wrong. I really think the problem is heat and cold along with vibration from driving down the road. Heat and cold over time can make connectors cause electrical problems over time due to expanding and contracting due to its mechanical connection. Why just this one connector being such a problem child? Hard to say, maybe at the time these radios were made, the factory used a bad batch of connectors? If you have to keep plugging and unplugging this connector 1 to 2 times a year, some day it will wear out and need to be replaced.
    Back in my IBM days, it wasn't uncommon to have computer monitors cause weird problems. Most of the time the fix was to re-seat connectors on the PCB, and problem solved. The problem was usually caused over time from the monitors getting hot from use all day, and then cooling down at night by turning them off.

11. Night Stalker10

Jun 26, 2017
    I have wondered the same thing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.