I just got a ticket need advice!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by snowez, Jul 5, 2021.

1. circle h

circle h Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2020
    I just looked it up, and it is deferred, not deffered. Here is a quote I copied of the web. I hope this option is available to you.

• A ticket "deferral" means final judgment is postponed for a period of time (up to 1 year in Washington). If the driver has no new violations during this period the ticket is dismissed. You will not pay a fine, but the court will charge administrative fees.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    Considered masking 384.226

UsualSuspect and baha Thank this.
  4. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    § 384.226 Prohibition on masking convictions.
    The State must not mask, defer imposition of judgment, or allow an individual to enter into a diversion program that would prevent a CLP or CDL holder's conviction for any violation, in any type of motor vehicle, of a State or local traffic control law

baha Thanks this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Note the word conviction. Getting a judge to lower the charge for a guilty plea (plea deal) is NOT masking as the lesser charge.is what the conviction is for.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  6. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    You can call Roadlaw they will handle you tic. and because you have a cdl it will be a fine and a reduced speeding tic. if you have no other tic. like you said, the only one that can lower the amount of mph. on your tic. is the judge or cop that gave you the tic. because of the masking law that was passed years ago, this is the smart thing to do and if you told the co. about the tic. and are driving home after they told you to leave you still need to have tic. reduced so you can go to another trucking co. and start making money at a good co. not a 2ed chance co. that will be the only way to drive after leaving the tic. at 15mph over?

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Making this comment really makes me feel old. Anyway here is my take on this as well as the at least other thousand threads on the subject of truckers and "tickets". 384.226 has a rulemaking history as far as I can tell to 1994 not long after the CDL law became effective. I remember trucking before the FMCSA was created and the CDL law was enacted. I remember sitting in truck stops with my dad as a young man and listen to truckers brag about having more than one license. The new CDL law effectively stopped that. I can also remember back when drivers (my dad included) took "diet" pills and habitually violated the HOS rules, over time these new e-log rules as well as tracking tech have all but stopped this. I can remember not all that many years ago when a physical was basically like candy. Lots of issues came from medical examiners passing these things out. With the FMCSA change that "married" physicals to CDLs and maintaining a ME registry has put a stop to some of this. Now MEs can be held legally AND civilly responsible for fraudulent exams. Yes, I know about all the ways to circumvent the rules when it comes to things like speeding! The thing though is if your an old fart like me you see the gradual tightening of the rules to make doing these things harder if not impossible. Call me what you will. You can tell me I don't have a clue, whatever! I see a day coming when ALL of part 384 will get teeth and when an officer issues a citation to a CDL holder regardless of the type of vehicle, that ticket will follow you and the courts other than a finding of not guilty won't be able to downgrade. Thread hijack alert. There are two things that I find myself doing more and more as I become my dad! First I am begging drivers to be more responsible when it comes to operating a motor vehicle. The FMCSA is getting tighter. The way this is going it will get so bad that when a driver farts 3 reports will be made. The next thing is to take care of your body, stop hiding out of control diabetes and lose some dang weight! I am losing a lot of friends of late to things that go back to when they were drivers. Diet, no exercise, and smoking. OK off the soap box and putting on flame-proof bloomers!

baha and ncmickey Thank this.
  8. 401-Alex

401-Alex Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Who the #### works for free let alone 3 weeks? Are you stupid or crazy? Fight the ticket wit a ticket clinic or something or lawyer but get some smarts about you running for free making the company 10-30k and you making nothing

Badmon and snowez Thank this.
  9. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    You are obligated to tell your employer about traffic convictions. Until that happens, you should not say a thing to them.

BigBob410, Grumppy and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  10. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    401 Alex he's going to be in company sponsored school for 3 weeks so no pay.

Bean Jr. and 401-Alex Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.