I just started with Knight Trans last month

Discussion in 'Knight' started by traveler2361, Jul 13, 2012.

1. traveler2361

traveler2361 Light Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Alhambra CA
    Well, I finally got back on the road after doing a local gig for the last 2 years. Seems like KT is a decent outfit, much better than some of the other OTR jobs I've had, like Gordon and Crete.

Just wanted to say hi.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Hi!

I've been out of the industry for 4 yrs, but Crete used to have an impeccable reputation (had a buddy work for them over 10 yrs & loved it), and Gordon always attracted the most experienced drivers, driving I5 w/lots of miles..sounds like me getting out of the industry in 2008 B4 the fall of the economy and the resultant extra pressure put on all trucking co.s was the best move I could have made!

4. traveler2361

May 31, 2010
    Alhambra CA
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I was with Gordon from '03 to '04 and Crete from '04 to '06. Crete started falling apart after Alvin ran into that schoolbus in Florida. Gordon was ok and then all the miles dropped off due to some issues with management in Pacific.

5. OverDrive

Yeah, remember the Crete FL accident..caused Knight to 'over react with their safety policies and come down on all driver's log books right after!!

Guess the red truck w/red & white trailers made some think Knight was the same co....:biggrin_25523:

Plus Gordon seemed to have a lock for years on heavy-haul loads from WA/OR down to CA..

6. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Good luck with the new adventure. You are running out of Fontana correct?

7. traveler2361

May 31, 2010
    Alhambra CA
    That's exactly right.

8. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Not the same company. Crete drivers kill kids. Knight drivers run over somebody then run off several hundred miles and try to pressure wash the guts off the wheel well.

9. Foxcover

Foxcover Medium Load Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Dallas, TX

10. OverDrive

Wrong verbiage...they carried gross weights up to 100K lbs in vans with drop-downs on cab and 3 (+) axle trailers...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.