I Love Panther Love Getting Paid a Percentage!!

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Beans, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    I do anywhere from 650-800 per day and I go home every night. Last week's paycheck was just over $1400 gross.

I haul bulk and get paid per ton. The longer the run, the more I make per ton.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2009
    laurel, nebraska
    You guys have to do what your company says. When i drove for Elsworth Freight Lines back in '77 they told me to log 50 mph==500 miles for 10 hrs driving. The truck would only go 60 tops. I probably did maybe 2 to 300 miles more after my 8 hrs sleeper time.

4. ClassicMan

ClassicMan Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Hornell,NY
    No wonder why the rates are in the crapper, all the BBR,s killing themselves for a living wage. I see why we're all replaceable now. Don't need to do anything but dangle a carrot.

As far as running 750 miles past a DOT level 3....BS!

5. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008
    I don't know why you people believe that you cannot run 750 miles in a day and not
    have the DOT fine you for speeding.

IT IS POSSIBLE, AND DONE BY MANY WHO KNOW HOW TO STAY OUT OF TRUCK STOPS.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
    Eskimo6804 Thanks this.
  6. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    IM AT A TRUCKSTOP RIGHT NOW. HAHAHAHAHA.

Anyway I log 700ish miles in an 11 hour day every once in a while. 65mph x 10 = 650 .... + an extra hour...... durrrr. To do it legally takes a little more than staying out of truckstops. You have to time it where you do not go through a big city during rush hours. You have to have a good dispatcher that gets you those kinds of miles. It helps a lot if you dont pickup or delivery on that day.

Last i checked going to truckstops doesnt count against your 11 either.

On paper logs, you can log 700 miles even if you do go through a rush hour. They can't prove that you didnt get stuck in traffic unless you have a toll or fuel receipt that doesnt match your logbook. Duh! However, the DOT knows that you get caught in traffic eventually.

I get darn tired after a 700 mile day. I only drove 450 miles today but i sure am tired. Had to make a pickup 5 miles off the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway. In rush hour. God that wore me out, even though im on a paper log at the moment and didnt log the 5 miles in 2 hours thing. Dock was easy because the sidewalk was really wide though!

He probably lives near an airport and hauls a lot of short airfreight loads. Ding ding ding. If thats the case, deadheading home would take him back to his most likely pickup location.

Most of those trucks are converted from regular semi tractors and so I'm sure the air warning buzzer comes on at the same PSI.

7. olphart

olphart Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Minden,LA
    Heck I can run from daylight to dark in 8 hours.

Coonass Thanks this.
  8. phroziac

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    I can do it in 4.

9. driverjoe

driverjoe Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Believe what you want...2+2 still equals 4. Im done with this thread, BS is not what this site is suppose to be all about. Safe travels y'all. Joe

10. driverjoe

driverjoe Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Never did get the right answer to the basic question about the air warning horn? Its the same on all vehicles. Joe

11. phroziac

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    You arent referring to my crack about daylight to dark in 4 hours are you? I meant, if i start 3 hours before sundown, you know...

Except the ones that dont have air brakes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.