I love the Hopper Bottom

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Indra, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Dexterr

Dexterr Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Lafourche parish
    Is grain hauling is local...or long haul...I've been curious wondering where they headed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. diesel dawg

diesel dawg Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2009
    WALNUT RIDGE, AR
    Bruce oakley trucking out of little rock AR is a good company with a hopper division that runs reginal mid west and south east they also have pnmatics and end dumps you will have to check to see if they hire in your state. have to have HZ for the fertilizer loads bruceoakley.com

4. diesel dawg

diesel dawg Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2009
    WALNUT RIDGE, AR
    Also u could give Timmons logistic a call. small company out of Jonesboro AR. no web site. they just started a hopper division and need drivers pretty bad. all O/ O (870) 933-6236 is there number, and u want need HZ with them. good luck

5. imnuts

imnuts Light Load Member

May 4, 2012
    Sask, Canada
    DDG can be an absolute nightmare! A place my buddy goes takes upto 8 hrs to dump. Thank god I never get asked to go there.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  6. Leahy`s Transport

Leahy`s Transport Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2013
    I am in SC I am putting a truck on with a bottom hopper company

Please E-mail me I might be able to help u out
    leahystransport@rocketmail.com
    Thanks
    Jack

7. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    Another thimg to remember if your'e going to pull hopper is you will be time stamped most of the time.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  8. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Meals loaded with moisture, warm or both can and often "hang up" in your trailer. Couple that with a broker on a Friday afternoon that wants you to warehouse a load till Monday on a freezing temp week end, recipe for a Monday headache.

Then you have your fish or blood meal. You can triple wash that thing with straight peroxide or bleach and they still might not load you from the stench alone.

You'll also get into trouble if you try to go from animal meal to veggie meals. Don't get into a cross contamination issue. Same thing with hauling fertilizer. meal loads get touchy about it. Even if you blow and sweep out your trailer. Couple companies won't let you load meal if your last load was fertilizer.

Prepare to have long line waits too. But if you hauled in IA, you'll be totally aware of that.

9. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    You know a LOT about it..Did you pull a Hopper for awhile? As for me(and only me) it drove me a little crazy just going to Mankato and back to Sleepy Eye,Morgan,whatever.!!:biggrin_2559:

10. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012

In 93/95, I ran hopper bottom in the midwest. In 95, I actually was a dispatcher for a hopper bottom company out of West Fargo ND. when they told me to either go back into a truck or I would loose my job, I left and went local hauling concrete for 3 years.

Last fall, I had about 6 weeks I pulled a hopper bottom around the area as I was in the bar in town one day talking with the local elevator guys. They really needed trucks and when I went and looked at things, it paid much better than a dry van at the time so I jumped on that gravy train until it was over. I pulled out of Hormel and took that up to Albany, made rounds from home to Mankato and back up to Willmar area and such.

The sweetest one was 8 days of solid Minneapolis to SD hauling fertilizer. Paid both ways. 4 1/2 hours out, 4 1/2 hours back. Always 1st or 2nd in line to load at 7 AM. All running miles paid $2.25 per mile.

Then went back to dry van around Thanksgiving.

Bumpy Thanks this.
  11. TAS

TAS Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2013
    I love my hopper:biggrin_2555:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.