I m still trying to figure this one out. Driver forgot to turn on reefer.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by bigkev1115, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Sounds like said driver has some video tapes or other incriminating items protecting his job...
    [​IMG]

Sirscrapntruckalot - Aliens are responsible. No matter the question. Aliens!

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Count the number of accidents and miles that both have had and accidents per mile is about the same. I don't know what you think is debatable here.

Mercer has 193 accidents in the last 24 months and according to 2017 data runs 210,621,092 miles/yr. It boils down to 1 accident every 2,182,602 miles.

Prime has 771 accidents in the last 24 months and according to 2017 data runs 750,031,742 miles/yr. Works out to 1 accident every 1,945,607 miles.

It's about the same. I think these numbers are good enough to statistically disprove the earlier statement that Mega carriers are "causing carnage in the truckstop" without sidetracking the thread further.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    TankerP Thanks this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    when i first starting eating at the buffet table, it was great..hot foods, great desserts...then things changed...the hot food was warm, the desserts were not as many available..

then i found too, that one day, when i left the rest room (after i had washed my hands), some jerk in the toilet stall, just got up and went out the door, straight to the buffet table.

from that day forward.....i wore a hazmat suit for some time.......and then i just gave up, and ordered my meals from the waitress.

pigs are amongst us, they always were, they will always be.....

it's one of 2 things....poor up-bringing.....

and ignorance to others...

dwells40 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Again, your highway numbers have absolutely nothing to do with what happens in the parking lot!

I could easily fill this thread with pics of Prime or other megas ripping off hoods or their own axles. It'd be a chore to find a similar pic involving Mercer, Landstar, Cargill, or any number of other carriers who are largely experienced O/O's.

Apples and Oranges.

6. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    A closer comparison would be landstar ranger, but your still comparing two different business models.
    Prime using new equipment and training.
    Landstar run what you already have.

7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    5B621144-118B-496B-9114-DD666F7626EB.jpeg

P.S. To the op, how much do you think that load cost to replace...?

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  8. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Ok I'll allow you your point on the parking lot backing accidents but only because neither you nor I have any statistics to state actual facts to prove/disprove it and because you're threating to "fill the thread with pics" if I don't. Accident pictures involving o/o only carriers as well as Megas are easily available online.

However looking at actual safety ratings shows that the statistics do not a support a general presumption that Mega's are less safe than O/O only carriers in fact I would argue the opposite. Parking lot fender benders rarely effect our customers loads. What does effect our customers is safety ratings as well as forgetting to turn on the reefer which would have never happened here we have too many fail safes and procedures in place to prevent it.

Just let it go lets move on.

9. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Even duct tape won't fix stupid ,,,fried ,load up his dac report to help any future employers

10. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Something doesn't add up here with this scenario , reefer loads are not cheap and it sounds like that driver wasn't fired , that's about a 4 thousand dollar mistake
    ....does the driver have a hot adulterous wife or some dirt on the company ?

11. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    Thank you for backing up your argument with data.

nofreetime Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.