I Made a Stupid Mistake - I Need Advice

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JimmyBones, Jul 9, 2011.

1. THBatMan8

THBatMan8 Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    So calling a wrecker and giving him a comdata check for his services isn't good advice? :biggrin_25524:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lantern

Lantern Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    Haha, jeez. I pass by 3 of them on the way to work, they are smalllllll.. The #### parking lot doesn't even look like its made for cars to park in. This new one by my house is a stand alone and the thing can only fit 6 cars.. I don't know how some of you drivers manage that.

THBatMan8 Thanks this.
  4. THBatMan8

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    Demolition derby... :biggrin_255::biggrin_25523:

Lantern Thanks this.
  5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    You laugh, but I've seen a truck nosed into the store...literally...the hood was through the wall. The parking lot was icy, and I guess when he cut the wheel to turn, the truck kept going straight...right into the side of the building.:biggrin_2551:

6. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 Gone, but NEVER forgotten

May 13, 2011
    SW Missouri
    We've all made mistakes. Don't beat yourself up about it. Right now you need to concentrate on turning around the situation and making the best of it.

You learned several leasons. Don't drive or park ~28,000 pounds on grass. A bobtail tractor is more helpless than a tractor/trailer combination. People without towing and recovery experience almost always tear something up trying to pull a truck out of a stuck situation. And mistakes and lessons cost big bucks in trucks. One you hopefully haven't learned is excessive spinning can damage the power divider.

You are going to have to call a wrecker. You can't afford to pay out of pocket. It is a company truck so they need to be involved in the decisions. You will have to have them pay for the wrecker. They will most likely call the wrecker driver to learn about the situation.

From the way it sounds I think you are going to end up paying for the wrecker and the bumper. Hopefully they will take weekly payments. Take pictures and document everything. Write everything down - dates and times. Document everything that happens, who, what, where, when.

Good luck.

JimmyBones, Lonesome, Wargames and 3 others Thank this.
  7. THBatMan8

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    I'll admit that I traded paint with some light fixtures and some places.

8. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    take pictures of it and i bet we can all help you alot more.......ive cooked up some crazy ideas on pulling cars/trucks out of mud and snow before.......and some of them even worked!

9. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Can we get an update here.

I'll be near that area later today..................

10. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Took the words right out to my mouth. Well said. And for Gashauler, I have read many of his post, His advise is superior. If it wasn`t, Id say different.

BigJohn54 Thanks this.
  11. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Yes it is.

THBatMan8 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.