I messed up big

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Bithlotony, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Bithlotony

Bithlotony Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2017
    I failed a post-accident drug test I live in Florida does the medical review officer report it to the dot or does my employer will my license be suspended well my CDL what should I do after this should I give up on this CDL career or should I follow through with the sap program?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    If your so worried about it now, why did you fail the drug screen, post accident, in the first place? Hind sight being what it is...

I would follow thru with all programs and do what is needed to keep your CDL if that's what you want to do. but yes, it will get to FL DOT and they will do what they do. (Not being from there I don't know)

I'm not going to make assumptions, but if you want to do/take something that will get you fired and possibly make you dangerous, maybe you shouldn't be on the road...

Grouch, tscottme, Bigrayon and 2 others Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is something you took. Whatever it is taht caused the failure.

There isnt any other way... if you went clubbing last night in a cloud of pot for hours maybe... I dunno much about this stuff. I don't know you.

So many people come here and say they failed a drug test. Come to find out most have had something prior to the test. It's in there.

So.

Post accident? Fine. What happened? I bet that truck got away from you a little bit like a big dog slipped on the leash to take off and go.

Im not your opponet. But a failed drug test is going to create a new reality for you.

sevenmph and tscottme Thank this.
  5. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Was anyone killed? I think, if I were in that situation, I would be more concerned about staying out of cuffs and not being sent to the grey bar motel. Then I would get into rehab quickly. Then I would worry about my CDL. In that order.

G13Tomcat, Suspect Zero and austinmike Thank this.
  6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Zero sympathy is felt.

Lord Pablo, Bigrayon, nax and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Do you have a passport, and speak Spanish or Canadian?

Parley vous Francais? Comment te le vous?

Se habla espanol?

8. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    just remember...there are always options!! 4fe465df9bc031d9061395e6b5dcc151--mcdonalds-application-senioritis.jpg

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You knew the consequenses .I say hang up driving till you're 100% committed to it.I have zero compassion for people like you.

10. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Won't get much support from the do gooders around here,but on the bright side it's party time!
    Find a real job.
    Trucking sucks.

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I wouldn't mind getting a few pounds of the ganj after I retire and getting all smoked up. Maybe open a cat café, and charge people like $50/hr. to come in and get smoked up, and feed the cats.

tscottme, fargonaz, buddyd157 and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.