I need a re-power asap!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by SheepDog, Mar 10, 2015.

1. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI

What's the matter, you don't trust LE? LOL,,renting a hotel room never even crossed my mind and I could have done that easily, there is a hotel right here by the Petro at exit 3 $45 would have been a cheap price to pay, if they would have let me check in that early, most don't let you check in until after 12:00

As a fellow American, trained in the workings of "firearms" and, a CCW holder I am glad to see that you are working on NOT taking the side of those that are trying to take away our 2nd Amendment right, by calling your firearm a "firearm". It only becomes a "weapon" when it is used as one, not before.

Your are correct sir, I should have put more serious thought into it and, looking back at it now, I can see where I had many options.

Raiderfanatic Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    It is an option, whether some wouldn't do it or not. I have faith and if I could find a Veteran or former Soldier that gave me reason to believe he/she was indeed a former Soldier, I would have no problem leaving it in their care,,,in my safe, of course. This situation would also apply to someone I already know.

4. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Yes that is correct,,I wasn't asked by the security guard at the fist gate. Had never been on this particular base before and didn't know there was a 2nd gate but, when I got to the 2nd gate, I was asked. I KNOW as any former or current soldier should know, or any American paying attention to the last 10 years should know,,,,you CAN NOT bring firearms onto a Military base, especially a SECURE Military base, like this one, that has NUCLEAR SUBS.

I was simply hoping I wouldn't get asked and/or caught and thought if I did,,,they would just tell me to turn around and leave the base. My DD214 or expired CAC ID was of NO use this day...lol

BTW,,I would never try that panel thing, just have Integrity and do the right thing all the time. We just have to come up with more options for drivers that carry is all, I think this thread may be doing that.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    MJ1657 Thanks this.
  5. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    My wife is LE. It's not their job, and you should never invite scrutiny into your life for no reason. Kings Bay PD might have been small enough to do you a favor, or they might have run you through the wringer. There were so many options, up to and including renting a storage unit, that I think calling the police is ludicrous. In your actual situation, you had plenty of time to post since badging was delayed a couple days, and I might have had a very easy alternative for that particular base before you got banned, especially with you having a DD214.
    I would highly suggest becoming a member of AR15.com. Their Hometown forums for each state could easily help you find a sympathetic gun shop to hold your pistol.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  6. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    SD what do you say/do when you show up at a private industry gate. And there's a sign ( no firearms, cameras and consent to search if you enter) ...?

SheepDog Thanks this.
  7. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA

Situations like that are precisely why I don't carry a firearm on the road. I've never been searched, but the chance is there. That plus the company's policy about no firearms in the truck would lead to immediate job loss on my part. And the potential loss of my firearms and license to carry. I stand too much to lose to attempt it.

8. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I thank YOU and Your Wife for both your service to this Country...

Why would Kings Bay PD put me through the wringer? If you mean, checking me out for warrants and or CCW, I can handle that. That to me is NOT putting me through the wringer. You say your wife is a LEO but also say you think calling the Police is ludicrous....I don't get it. The worst any LEO would do is check my back ground, check to see if I have a CCW that is good in the state I am in and tell me they cant hold my firearm, where is the ludicrousy? As I stated above,,,I was told about the storage unit by the Soldier in the badge/ID building...I COULD NOT FIND IT and no one in the area that I talked to, had any idea what I was talking about. I also spent much time on the Internet looking for one but every time I found one and called, the number was old or went to someone else. I tried brother, I really did and maybe I didn't try hard enough to find that storage place but, in my mind I did. I was only delayed one day, Monday and I spent that day doing my research for the storage place. I had no reason to believe the Soldier did not know what she was talking about and I certainly didn't think she was lying so, I worked all afternoon looking for it.

Thank you for the info on AR15.com... I didn't think of that either, I am already a member, just don't go on there much. See brother,,good ideas are coming from my mistake, thanks.

9. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Well, if I didn't know before hand, until I saw the sign,,,I would ask the guard about it and tell them I had a firearm and camera's. They are either going to tell you they will hold it or send you away. I have no problem with them searching my truck, I have nothing to hide and they are just making sure I am not bringing in something that can harm anyone,,nothing wrong with precaution...

10. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    If you are legal by law to carry a firearm, you will not lose your right just because you got fired for doing so in a company truck. Yes, you can get fired for doing so in a company truck but, I ignored those rules simply because protecting my life comes before any company rule saying otherwise. I was perfectly fine with getting fired if caught. I have to mention as well, not all companies have this rule in place, just the big ones for the most part.

I now have my own truck so, I just follow state and federal law. I have a CCW for TN and it is good in all the states I run, I also have the APP legalheat on my phone which gives you updated information on every state, I suggest anyone that carries, get it.

I want to make this clear,,,if I would have not been legal to carry my firearm, I would be in jail right now. Me having the permit is a main factor in getting my firearm back and not sitting in jail. Nothing to be scared of while caring a firearm, many that do will tell you; "better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!" Sure, we can say the odds are pretty good that I will never need it but, again, I would rather have it.

BigKid2 Thanks this.
  11. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    I have to fully agree with fortycalglock, in that, the thought of going to the police IS ludicrous and does invite 'getting put thru the wringer'.
    The 'wringer' is far more than the innocent things you assume. Trust me... I know.

Also, your previous thought of allowing a "veteran or former soldier" found at a truck stop, to take temporary possession of it, imo, is 'off the charts' insane.
    Even in a 'locked portable safe'. You really need to think more bulletproof (no pun intended) & wisely on any firearm matter.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.